UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Emily is soon feeling better. :GroupHug:

QUOTE (Rileyroo @ May 14 2009, 01:01 PM)

A leaflet with a photo of Nettie, Bertie and Fluke on it has just dropped through my door

Being very responsible citizens and demonstrating how to use a poo bin on the Common - Fluke is paying very close attention.

Mrs Chook wrote:

Scan it in!!!!!!!!

No need!

They make the most amazing noises don't they? :laugh: :wub:

Off to work in a minute. This man is lovely but I'm really struggling to fill 8 hours. The house is clean, gardening done, windows cleaned inside and out, ironing done :rolleyes:

Sometimes people just like to talk and to them that is the most important thing they want you there for.

I admire you for doing this job because I wouldnt have the patience

I must point out to anyone with a mucky mind that no the rumours were not true !!!! :biglaugh:

Poor Emily :GroupHug: good move, Phoebejo, certainly time for further opinions on your poor babe. Thinking of you both.

I am much concerned about Danny, a dog I see from time to time in the park. He is English pointer x collie. His lovely caring mum is at her wits' end. He is a failed hearing dog who developed a fear of all kinds of sounds. First it was whistles, then anyone with the slightest raised voice including small children having fun. He used to play fetch for ages on the meadow in the middle of the park, and now he is terrified of going near it. He's fine with other dogs even if they bark and bounce, but anything else can suddenly turn him into a quivering heap :mecry: He got out of the car OK today, had a cuddle with me, greeted various dogs - and then went into a flat panic because a cuckoo started calling. I have suggested Zylkene for starters.

Phebe, have you/could you mention TTouch to them? Sno is very noise sensitive so I empathise. I get Scullcap and Valerian for him, he obviously has Reiki and I also do TTouch sometimes. Hope they can find something to help him, poor boy :(

There's a TTouch practitioner in Welshpool, Powys - she owns Mekuti - I don't know how far that is from you?

No need!

Why is there no need? :unsure: Are you just trying to avoid having it shown :devil: or is it already available on t'internet (in which case a gentle pointer in the right direction would be lovely!)? :biggrin:

I am much concerned about Danny, a dog I see from time to time in the park. He is English pointer x collie. His lovely caring mum is at her wits' end. He is a failed hearing dog who developed a fear of all kinds of sounds. First it was whistles, then anyone with the slightest raised voice including small children having fun. He used to play fetch for ages on the meadow in the middle of the park, and now he is terrified of going near it. He's fine with other dogs even if they bark and bounce, but anything else can suddenly turn him into a quivering heap :mecry: He got out of the car OK today, had a cuddle with me, greeted various dogs - and then went into a flat panic because a cuckoo started calling. I have suggested Zylkene for starters.

Poor little boy :( I hope he can be settled soon :flowers:

My clever girl has just created the Barn logo (as tattooed on Fi's back) on Photoshop from scratch :biggrin: :wub:

I've now got about half of my intended jobs for today done :wacko: Bran is just off for a birthday walk :wub:

I will mention TTouch as I think there are practitioners round here. Obviously something went very wrong during his hearing-dog training and that is why he was taken out of the course and found a home. What we can't understand is why he improved and was enjoying life but has now suddenly got so much worse.

Jazz, Cheryl took Emily to the hospital as doctor can't find the cause of her pain and temperature and there is no improvement.

RMF Someone mistook me for a fella today :unsure: Didn't worry me as I think I am doing OK if recognisable as human, but the person was very embarrassed. Just shows how much some people see the clothes and not the person inside. I'd have thought the stubble-free chin and the bosom would have been a dead giveaway, but obviously not. Must stop slouching about with hands in pockets.

Hope Emily-Jo is feeling better soon :GroupHug:

Owl - do you think Danny's mum would consider speaking to a trainer/behaviourist that works with sound sensitivity and phobias? Like Ange I have a super sensitive collie and have noticed that if something does set him off we need to intervene quickly or her starts generalising to almost any noises :wacko:

I am very demotivated at work, but can't wait for dogtraining class tonight :rolleyes: