UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back at work :wacko: after a fab day out at the Fun Clicker Training Day yesterday :biggrin: ate far too much cake (thanks Mrs B!) and bought some to give out at work today as well while asking for more donations :closedeyes:

I am the proudest dog mom in the world right now :happy: Farah was perfect, utterly attentive, super keen depsite having to work off lead in front of an audience (has been a problem lately) and Paddy said she thought we could crack the formal retrieve in just a few sessions. In the afternoon she learned to nose a football toward me, and then to put front paws on a skateboard and move it :ohmy: :cool:

Finn officially achieved my most important goals for him. It may have taken five years but its been worth every single heartache, shed tear and difficult moment. This may not sound much to anyone with more normal dogs....but he walked into the hall on a loose leash and could turn back for a treat. We walked calmly past four strange dogs and he went straight into his crate. He coped with other dogs running about, even with someone playing tuggy and being excited. He worked off lead for me in front of everyone, and then in the afternoon was able to learn exciting things and play tuggy/ball even though another dog was fairly close to him.

Even more amazing - he was working for a friend of mine in the afternoon and he was totally chilled :mecry: :wub: :mecry:

Which gives me even more hope that we will crack our remaining challenges: car travel and children+footballs :)

Back at work :wacko: after a fab day out at the Fun Clicker Training Day yesterday :biggrin: ate far too much cake (thanks Mrs B!) and bought some to give out at work today as well while asking for more donations :closedeyes:

I am the proudest dog mom in the world right now :happy: Farah was perfect, utterly attentive, super keen depsite having to work off lead in front of an audience (has been a problem lately) and Paddy said she thought we could crack the formal retrieve in just a few sessions. In the afternoon she learned to nose a football toward me, and then to put front paws on a skateboard and move it :ohmy: :cool:

Finn officially achieved my most important goals for him. It may have taken five years but its been worth every single heartache, shed tear and difficult moment. This may not sound much to anyone with more normal dogs....but he walked into the hall on a loose leash and could turn back for a treat. We walked calmly past four strange dogs and he went straight into his crate. He coped with other dogs running about, even with someone playing tuggy and being excited. He worked off lead for me in front of everyone, and then in the afternoon was able to learn exciting things and play tuggy/ball even though another dog was fairly close to him.

Even more amazing - he was working for a friend of mine in the afternoon and he was totally chilled :mecry: :wub: :mecry:

Which gives me even more hope that we will crack our remaining challenges: car travel and children+footballs :)

:mecry: :biggrin:

:cheer: Well done Farah and Finn, but more importantly, Well done Mog :flowers: they couldn't have done it without you :cheer:

For Mindy

Shaun :wub:

britaine28099s-got-talent-2009-a-cl.jpg

not the best photos but twas the only one I could find in a hurry.

RMF: I have the builders in again - well builder singular. He's skimming my bedroom wall then leaving it until tomorrow when he's coming back to put the top coat on. Archie isn't pleased at being made to wait till later for his walk. George couldn't care less. He's fast asleep.

Az found a deer this morning (right at the top of the hill surrounded by paths full of dogwalkers and next to the car park, what was it doing!) but he came off the chase practically instantly when I called, and I had both of them back by my side before I even had time to get worried! Very proud of him.

We've walked, Sir H was not happy that he had to actually walk and not just pee & poo and then have a lay down :rolleyes:

Working at the golf club today, on the 11am til close but with it being so close to home, I can have my break late and come home to feed the boys etc :wink: