UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still look at succession planning and also get a handle on who the headhunter is. If your company is doing well and you have a good team you will attract headhunters.

That's what's annoying me. I spend all my time creating a good team and some other git comes and nabs them. I've pretty much decided today I'm not going to fight for my assistant. He has some faults that really I don't like and he doesn't seem to get rid of but otherwise he's very good indeed but I can't compete on money for him and he's running when business is tough, just like twonk has. I don't need that kind of staff - and if he goes as well as twonk I can afford a good qualified replacement plus a good quality graduate... which would work just fine.

Now I'm not stressing about it I feel rather relieved, though the annoyance remains. I also have starting today a new property manager for a big site of ours so fingers crossed it's onwards and upwards.

Julia that photograph needs putting on canvas and putting on your wall :wub:

Got back from yoga feeling v hungry. Dear old OH had cooked some food for me and as I went to heat it up in the microwave it slid gracefully to the floor. Although I was feeling quite chilled out from yoga, I've had quite a fraught day so I just :mecry: :crying: and then cooked eggs and bacon instead of fish, new pots and veggies.

I feel for you xx

Im so sorry snow, greed always comes out then and its so hard to understand :GroupHug:

my best pal Jeanette AKA Rab died today, I tried very hard to stop her destroying herself with alcohol,but in the end I had to withdraw before my heart broke, as she wouldn't stop

I hope we can lie in cabbage fields again and look at the stars together one day.

Laura , I am so sorry to hear about your friend. There is nothing anyone can do when someone has an addiction they don't want to get rid of. :GroupHug:

This morning, I am mostly loving this pic of Jacko's eye that Darren took at the weekend when he was showing off his camera to his dad. Jacko is my soul dog and my reflection is in his eye :mecry: :wub: :wub:

DSC_4959.jpg

That is a stunning pic. :flowers:

Morning - didn't sleep well last night - still not feeling any recogniseable form of anger still feeling this hard cold feeling - bothers me a bit tbh its not like me to be so cold and unemotional, ironically Rob is bloody furious angry and vicious - it should be me that feels like that not him - he's fuming for me I'm just sitting here trying to comprehend why my uncle would think what he did was justifiable, how on earth he can possibly live with himself doing what he did, clearly he has NONE of the sense of honour and doing what's right that my father had and brought us up to have. I'm also trying to figure out whether I should have done more to try and find where she was and gone to see her ... but I was and still am angry over the way she & my uncle behaved when my dad was dying, my mum, my brother and even Rob believes they shortened my fathers life and caused him and my mum a great deal of grief and stress when they least needed it - weirdly they have always been incredibly angry over that, and I've always just almost been an onlooker with it not feeling that same raw emotion, mum cried last night, my brother was growling and raw, Rob's snarling and spitting and lashing out - and here's me, cold, calm and unemotional again .... weird.

I have 2 types of anger. 1 where I shout, not nice, but safe (ish). The other is the cold hard anger you are feeling at the moment. For me, that cold hard anger is the most dangerous for the other person. My family knows to scatter as far away from me as possible when the second one kicks in.

Good idea of the squirrelly person to have a memorial service. :GroupHug: for you and your family as you struggle to understand how and why your uncle could behave in such a way.

Hope all goes well and the doctors Wendbert. :GroupHug:

Glad you're less stressed about the employee situation SB. With the credit crunch, there are a lot of very good peeps looking for jobs at the moment. Hope that you will be able to find one.

Edited by greys mum

Yeah the cold hard anger is very dangerous with me too, which bothers me I know that theres gonna be an explosion, and I know it will not be pretty ....

I've had a chat with the boss this morning and I went up and sat in the Church for about 20 mins - I'm not angry about the ring, whilst it was promised me from birth I always knew she could/would change her mind and use it as a weapon so I kinda gave up even considering it might come to me, it's more the pricipal really, my grandfather and my father both meant for the ring to come to me both of them didnt attatch any sentimentality to it, it was more that it was a legacy they hoped might help us finacially at some point - the ring is worth over 6k possibly even more nowadays. I do have a copy of the original will and as eldest grandchild I was to have the choice as to which of 2 rings I wanted and Michaels eldest was to have the other one. I had even discussed with my grandmother that I was highly unlikely to keep the ring as the insurance would have been too expensive and I am just not the sort of person to be comfortable wearing such an expensive and ostentatious ring I probably would have sold it and bought a smaller keepsake to remember her by and pass on to my son - Granny had always said that she wanted me to do that and put the money to good use, obviously as I have a copy of a will and am clearly named in it I could contest any new will - but I can't be arsed - like I said it's not the ring thats making me so coldly angry - it's the utterly disgusting way they kept her death from us. How in the heck did they think we wouldn't find out?

Alexis - my sister, who has had 4 children, swears that doing a spot of window cleaning starts the baby off. My sis-in-law on the other hand said I definitely helped her start her labour both times by pushing her vigorously on a swing :laughingsmiley:

Hope your wait is not too long now :flowers:

Actually I was planning on cleaning the bedroom windows today!

Sorry to hear about your friend Laura

Snow - some of your family sound like some of mine! I'm not surprised you're angry!

Alexis - my sister, who has had 4 children, swears that doing a spot of window cleaning starts the baby off. My sis-in-law on the other hand said I definitely helped her start her labour both times by pushing her vigorously on a swing :laughingsmiley:

Hope your wait is not too long now :flowers:

soooo Alexis needs to clean her windows then pop round the local curry house for takeaway and eat her superduper hot curry whilst have a swing at the local park

I doubt you would get such sensible advice in baby books but I think we are onto a winner here

Snow, what did you boss have to say ? I doubt its the first time he has heard such a thing and he could have some good advice and help you deal with your loss

I would have thought legally if the copy of the will you have is the last copy then the Executor has a duty to ensure all named parties recive what the will specfies ?

not sure I dare look as I have just booked a flight for this Sunday via Sri Lankan

mind you it was the cheapest Sri Lankan airline flight I have ever booked ( bottom has fallen out of the holiday market big time ) and I only made my mind up last night about midnight

so this week I will mostly be working out how to wrap up the 2 metal dog crates that are coming with me

Do you need meds to take again Sam as I have one dog frontline dose and a quantity of tramadol tablets - both of these items are marked on the packaging with what they are (if that makes sense :rolleyes: ) ??

I will try to find out more about the autoclave this afternoon.

Snow :GroupHug: Can't add to what others have said, but maybe get in touch with the executor? Goodness knows what may have been going on. I also have come across some shocking behaviour by families when someone has died. It does seem to bring out the worst in people.

Julia, amazing photo :)

Useful Pete is taking a look at my exhaust tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have roadwalked Wispa to the common land on the mountain this morning, had a run there, and come back the same way. It's less than a mile and pavement all the way so nothing for the average dog, but with a manic car chaser it's a challenge. I had her on a short strong lead with extra strong clip, the kind you might use for a rott, and also clipped her to a training lead with lots of rings which I clipped round my waist. Add to this the hi vis jacket and the stick with the 'orses 'ead 'andle and an extra slip lead draped around my neck along with the lanyard and 2 whistles. We must have looked a sight :unsure: We managed fairly well, but we did wait until the morning rush to work and the neighbours' morning dog walks were over. Have to take Polly out separately, but she will be quite happy to trot down to the post office and back.

Still feeling a bit wiped out after the long scary wait on the suspension bridge last night.

Edited by owl