UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheryl has your GP looked at food at all ? with Aisling that seemed to the root cause ( Milk Protein of the top of my head but there were other things as well )

as well as the acupuncture we also had freshly made ayurvedic creams which seemed to give her a huge amount of relief amount between sessions

I know we also used porridge oats in her bath , not loose ( can you imagine the mess ) they were in cloth bag or even old pair of tights and you run the water through. seems to be very gentle on skin and smells lovely as well

We've got some Epaderm somewhere, will have to unearth it and check the use by date. I know her flare up has been definitely caused by soap but I don't see how she can use just water to wash her hands, we need to find a happy medium. She can use the toilet on her own now so she's washing her hands then (and she wees a thousand times a day), she washes her hands when she's played in the garden with the chickens and I need to leave something at her nursery for her to wash her hands with because she literally screams in pain if they use their soap on her :sad02: I already have to limit the number of baths she takes, she's lucky if she gets one a week and this manky regime does work for her. It's a shame because she loves going in the bath and she regularly gets so upset that her sisters can play in the bath but she can't :sad02:

One of her fingers is split and weeping, her other fingers are sore too so she's been very miserable these past few days. She's not feeling her best which in turn also makes her skin worse and her face is sore too today.

She's grumped and moaned about being out this morning but she did enjoy stroking a certain puppy :wub:

As I said earlier, I find washing my hands a lot dries them out, especially if it's cold weather - and I use a moisturiser often when I've washed them, to help keep them less dry/sore, it does work. I can't just wash my hands in water, they don't feel "clean" then.

We've got some Epaderm somewhere, will have to unearth it and check the use by date. I know her flare up has been definitely caused by soap but I don't see how she can use just water to wash her hands, we need to find a happy medium. She can use the toilet on her own now so she's washing her hands then (and she wees a thousand times a day), she washes her hands when she's played in the garden with the chickens and I need to leave something at her nursery for her to wash her hands with because she literally screams in pain if they use their soap on her :sad02: I already have to limit the number of baths she takes, she's lucky if she gets one a week and this manky regime does work for her. It's a shame because she loves going in the bath and she regularly gets so upset that her sisters can play in the bath but she can't :sad02:

One of her fingers is split and weeping, her other fingers are sore too so she's been very miserable these past few days. She's not feeling her best which in turn also makes her skin worse and her face is sore too today.

She's grumped and moaned about being out this morning but she did enjoy stroking a certain puppy :wub:

Cheryl could you try putting the Epaderm in a liquid soap dispenser so Georgia can use it like liquid soap - that is what I do with Kallan's Aveeno cream so he can use it just like soap :) It does take a long time to start coming through the pump but once the mechanism is full it seems to work ok

Edited by loobie

We tried Epaderm in the bath a while ago but it didn't help, the only thing that has stopped her flare ups is simply to not bath her.

She's having Betnovate on her really sore bits and a liberal covering of grease three times a day. And I've just looked to see what her tub of grease is called and it is Epaderm :laugh: See, I knew the name was familiar :laugh: Betnovate is harsh but it's the only cream that is known to clear her skin up, we've tried loads.

have you tried other emollients in the bath, some people have to try a few before they find one that suits.Does just bathing in plain water aggravate it? I know some people find that running a bath and putting a sock full of oatmeal or oats can help too.

It's a gorgeous gorgeous day today and I am off work until Tuesday!! Woweee :thumbsup_anim:

And on top of that Barack Obama has just confirmed that he's my cousin on facebook!!!!! It's nice to know he could take the time off politics to log on!!!! :biglaugh:

hes my cousin too

that means ...

we are related! :D

We tried Epaderm in the bath a while ago but it didn't help, the only thing that has stopped her flare ups is simply to not bath her.

She's having Betnovate on her really sore bits and a liberal covering of grease three times a day. And I've just looked to see what her tub of grease is called and it is Epaderm :laugh: See, I knew the name was familiar :laugh: Betnovate is harsh but it's the only cream that is known to clear her skin up, we've tried loads.

Ok. Does bathing in plain water aggravate it? Some people find running the bath through a sock full of oatmeal is good. How many emollients have you tried? Some suit people better than others. Good luck in finding a solution, it's horrid for little ones!

have you tried other emollients in the bath, some people have to try a few before they find one that suits.Does just bathing in plain water aggravate it? I know some people find that running a bath and putting a sock full of oatmeal or oats can help too.

Yes, another one she had on prescription but I can't remember the name of it. Plain water is very very drying on her, it makes her legs red and itchy. When she does have her weekly bath she has a tiny amount of a bubble bath bar from Lush just to colour the water and make her smell nice :wub: She seems fine with that and it's that regime that has kept her skin under control for a long time now. It's been steadily getting worse for a few weeks now and I really do think it's because she's washing her hands more.

Puppies are well known for their healing qualities :wub: Perhaps you should have taken him home with you :wink:

I really hope that you can find something soon to make her poor, sore hands better, poor little pumpkin :( :GroupHug:

Betnovate was the only cream that helped my son too. We also used Balneum in his bath, again it was the only thing that worked for him.

I forgot my not so R or MF :pinkie: I have a job :blink: I wasn't looking for a job. But I have a job. And it's a job that I can start with just doing a few hours a week and build up to full-time as the kids get older. The starting work is exactly the sort of repetitive spreadsheet input type stuff that I like doing anyway. And it's working with one of my bestest friends. And I get a spanky new laptop and a very cool GPhone all of my own :biggrin: There is actually a point in my future now when I may be able to come off of benefits (because my bestest friend can guarantee to get me a salary high enough to cover my rent, bills, etc) and buy my own house :mecry: :partytime: I never ever thought that it would happen :biggrin:

No Dirty Chook, the agreement was I would bring that stinky poopie home and you could keep Georgia!

I conveniently "forgot" that part of the deal :D

I forgot my not so R or MF :pinkie: I have a job :blink: I wasn't looking for a job. But I have a job. And it's a job that I can start with just doing a few hours a week and build up to full-time as the kids get older. The starting work is exactly the sort of repetitive spreadsheet input type stuff that I like doing anyway. And it's working with one of my bestest friends. And I get a spanky new laptop and a very cool GPhone all of my own :biggrin: There is actually a point in my future now when I may be able to come off of benefits (because my bestest friend can guarantee to get me a salary high enough to cover my rent, bills, etc) and buy my own house :mecry: :partytime: I never ever thought that it would happen :biggrin:

:jumpy: Woweeeeeeeeeeeee! Congratulations!!!