UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really pleased she had such a successful op and will be coming home today , how long before she is back to normal ( or better than normal really :biggrin: )

She'll be on 6 weeks of solid crate rest with onlead and assisted toilet breaks initially, then follow up x-rays, then another 8 weeks of crate rest with 3-5 x 5 minute onlead walks a day, then another follow up. At that point she gets totally reassessed to see what the next part of the plan is :flowers: So we have another 14 weeks before we get anywhere near "normality" :wacko: but I'm looking forward to having a dog that I've never had because she's had pain to some degree or another for as long as I've had her :wub: which may well explain why she has sometimes been a bit picky about which dogs she likes and which she doesn't.

Just checking in, hope Flora had a comfy night and is ready to come home today :flowers: :flowers:

I called earlier but all of the consultants are with clients, so I'm waiting on a call back. They did say "lunchtime" but that's a fairly wide scope and besides, I was ready for my lunch at 9.30 today :wink:

Edited by dirtychicken

The photos that I've been waiting to post for sooooooooooooooooo long :mecry: :wub:

DSCF3021.jpg

DSCF3019.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My brain has been running in parallel lines again for the last few days and I was fully aware that she should only be feeling post-op surgery pain and not the awful gnawing hip pain that she's been putting up with for so long, but I was also thinking that she'd be struggling to walk when we collected her so prepared with a sling and a blanket to carry her in (she's not allowed to "do" steps for the next 8 weeks and we have a few steep ones leading up to the house). I wasn't quite prepared to be dragged out of the hospital by my beautiful steam train :ohmy: :laugh:

She managed to bleed all over the room as we were talking to the vet because she was *so* excited that she sent her blood pressure sky high and squirted blood out of the hole left from her canula :rolleyes:

We had an uneventful trip home (and a much slower one than we had going out there :blush: ) as she led in the back with her head on Sophie's lap :wub: and she is now in her crate snoozing and snoring :wub:

Time for Mummy to have a little relieved :mecry: now...

I was expecting a massive wound (having seen a human hip replacement) but that looks fairly compact!!

Have you got calomine or lavender oil or similar to dilute for when the hair starts to grow back and itches (sorry, I know you have enough stuff to stock Boots, Superdrug and then entire Holland & Barratt chain)....