UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks :flowers: I am not in any pain or anything like that, just a constant feeling of "not right".

Sorry your finger is still not right Anne :flowers: Hope you get better a better result than I've had in the past.

I've lost the feeling in my lower right leg (and have a huge dent in my shin :huh: ) from when I came off my motobike once (not that I've only come off a bike once....) When I went to the doctor a few months later when the feeling never came back I was told ever so helpfully that the best thing to do would be to get rid of my bike. I then got a 20min lecture on how often he had had to help in surgery on motorcyclists when he was doing his residency. He didn't like it when I pointed out that most bike accidents are actually caused by car drivers, and that I had come off my bike because an idiot in a car had turned right right in front of me and I had gone straight over his bonnet, and that the car driver didn't even stop :mad: I've kind of got sensation back a bit now, I can feel stuff pressing on my leg, but can't feel things that just brush the skin IYSWIM

We went up to the country park around teatime and didn't get rained on which was good going. Many of the woodland paths were flooded to welly-top height, to Polly's disgust and Wispa's delight. Wispa found a greyhound to race and a young goldie to sploosh around with so she was well pleased. And Polly got a carry so she didn't get her dainty ickle paws wet :wub:

Jules. sorry you are having a cr*p time with management.

I do not understand Mornington Crescent and suspect no one else does either. TF if you want me to play you will have to bring the rule book round. Come to think of it, I never got the hang of the real Mornington Crescent either. Whenever I wanted to go there I was always on a train which didn't stop there, but if I wanted to avoid it I would find myself stuck there for ages for no apparent reason.

I see that the simplified MC rules have been provided, but you don't have to keep to them. So it is as I thought all along - a game with rules which no one understands so people make them up as they go along, and make them up in reverse if anyone challenges their actions. Rather like life, in fact. :unsure:

Sorry your finger is still not right Anne :flowers: Hope you get better a better result than I've had in the past.

I've lost the feeling in my lower right leg (and have a huge dent in my shin :huh: ) from when I came off my motobike once (not that I've only come off a bike once....) When I went to the doctor a few months later when the feeling never came back I was told ever so helpfully that the best thing to do would be to get rid of my bike. I then got a 20min lecture on how often he had had to help in surgery on motorcyclists when he was doing his residency. He didn't like it when I pointed out that most bike accidents are actually caused by car drivers, and that I had come off my bike because an idiot in a car had turned right right in front of me and I had gone straight over his bonnet, and that the car driver didn't even stop :mad: I've kind of got sensation back a bit now, I can feel stuff pressing on my leg, but can't feel things that just brush the skin IYSWIM

That is awful :GroupHug: ! Mine is very insignificant compared to that. What a w@nker doctor you saw, I would have smacked him! Mine asked if we weren't provided with gloves for "that sort of work".... I was like, what, special gloves for walking dogs :laugh:

I do not understand Mornington Crescent and suspect no one else does either. TF if you want me to play you will have to bring the rule book round. Come to think of it, I never got the hang of the real Mornington Crescent either. Whenever I wanted to go there I was always on a train which didn't stop there, but if I wanted to avoid it I would find myself stuck there for ages for no apparent reason.

Read about the station here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Cr...nt_tube_station

As for the game - many take part but few claim to understand it. It is played more by instinct than by following rules or laws. Just relax and let it flow..... :D

:biggrin: No nasty happenings at agility tonight. Glen was a bit unsure at first but cheered up after a while, we had the choice of being in the same group so we would always know where he was or a different one (which I took), Riley's owner had also brought his missus with him and she was always between us. Just as well 'cos right at the start of the night Riley made another attempt to run at us!!! However, all is well. :happy:

I am going to get some tea and toast now and try to warm up. :D

:biggrin: No nasty happenings at agility tonight. Glen was a bit unsure at first but cheered up after a while, we had the choice of being in the same group so we would always know where he was or a different one (which I took), Riley's owner had also brought his missus with him and she was always between us. Just as well 'cos right at the start of the night Riley made another attempt to run at us!!! However, all is well. :happy:

I am goin

to get some tea and toast now and try to warm up. :D

enjoy your toast and don't forget to give a bit to Glen :wub:

Am still waiting for my son to phone me and confirm the weekend :(