UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

I cant deal with the fact she looks grubby and her hair needs a wash and a brush. its my clean freak in me that just wants to see her put through a wash cycle and cleaned up a bit :unsure:

I see Fugees are talking about me again :D

I am a right scruffage and need a haircut but somehow there are always more important things.

We have all retired to the bedroom very early as it is cosy up here and my feets are tired from much tramping about. Wispa isn't tired, she doesn't do tired, and the fact that she is snuggled up in her fleece on my bed has absolutely nothing to do with spending all afternoon going like the clappers over very rough ground and 45 degree ascents.

Might creep down to the fridge, just remembered there are some J2Os chilling.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be a customer from work? Not nice :mad: Hope BT can catch them.

No. The only punter who has my number has just my mobile number, he's the chap from the BBC. I wouldn't ever give any of them my home number and only one of them knows where I live and I'd trust him with my life. I don't have any friends in Faringdon, the only people who have my number are the kids friends parents. Ian got a phonecall earlier, similarly abusive and from the things they said they definitely know the area. I've called BT who were fairly useless. Even though the caller withheld their number the lady at BT told me how I can block them if they ring again, but only directly after a call. If I block it they can't trace it and as I said I want the police involved they'll have to trace it and the tracing department are not open at weekends. Our local police station is hardly ever open but I'm going to call the local non-emergency number in the morning and see what they say.

I was at work on my own from 5pm - 9.30pm and only saw four people. The rest of the time I sat there crapping myself incase anybody horrid came in :mecry:

I was at work on my own from 5pm - 9.30pm and only saw four people. The rest of the time I sat there crapping myself incase anybody horrid came in :mecry:

Cheryl that's cr@p - is there not a company policy about women - indeed anyone - not being left on their own to work in a shop at night? Do you have any other shops nearby where you know someone and could ask them to be "on hand", though hopefully it won't come to anything, they're likely a gutless wonder that wouldn't have the nerve to confront anyone in person.

I think I would be having words with my boss to explain I don't want to be left alone in the shop, especially after dark. Can you take Henryno to work with you?!!

:GroupHug:

All bookmakers are carp to work for :( All shops will have people working on their own. My own company sent round a memo a few months ago to say NOBODY would be on their own from now on, then last month another memo went round with our winter opening hours and staff hours for the winter. Despite nothing changing, we're still open until 9.30pm 6 days a week just as we were in the summer, we were forced to lose 11 cashier hours which basically means whoever manages on a Saturday is on their own at night and two nights a week we manage on our own (I do Tuesday nights alone). It's a disgrace. There is a trade union for staff of bookies but as not enough people are members it isn't recognised by the industry. The union are fantastic and really campaign for us mere staff but there is little that can be done.

We've got panic buttons under the counter that go through to a central office. The guys on the other end can listen in and can ask if we need help, we've got codewords so they'll know what's happening, they will call the police if they have to. I found out what a joke this service is the other night when I accidently knocked my button. A good four or five minutes later I heard the chap finally responding. If I'd really really needed help it wouldn't have been there on the other end for me.

I don't want to be alone, none of us do, but we've got no choice. Either I do it or I leave, and I can't afford to :(

I do sometimes take either Ella or Henry with me. Lizzie can't go because she wees with excitement :rolleyes:

:wavey: Busy day helping my friend Andy move house. I'm shattered now, I'm horribly out of shape.

I had another call from the emergencey vet tonight, just checking how Spike is :) He's very nice and he's the first (medical) person who's made me feel it was worthwhile. He explained a lot of things to me, and we had a laugh about Spike taking advantage of us. He did say that he's never seen a dog with such sensitivity and such a low pain threshold, but that's what got him seen early. I'm glad he phoned, that's just what I needed today :)

That's absolutely lovely (are you sure you've not pulled?! )

:biggrin: It's been pizzing heavily for some time :biggrin:

Great, innit? Only minimal stressing and drooling from Sky. Let's hope tomorrow sees the end of it.

Cheryl, that's really cr@p :flowers: When I worked in a petrol station our panic button was linked directly to the Police (I found out when I dropped a box file on it by mistake one day :blush02: )

:GroupHug: Cheryl, keep a baseball bat under the counter in case you need it.

It is blowing a real gale here. Really high wind and rain lashing against the window. Kizzy just peed on my landing carpet because she obviously didn't fancy going out in the garden and getting wet! :(

I m off to bed in a mo but I am just not tired. x

Morning :wavey:

The boys, all 3 of them, are still asleep :rolleyes: Went into Bath last night and had dinner at Jamie Oliver's Italian and the food was absolutely fab, best meal out I've had in ages. We had to wait just over an hour for a table as they don't book tables in advance, but the food was well worth the wait :biggrin:

Trying to decide where to go today for walkies and lunch :cool:

:GroupHug:

That's absolutely lovely (are you sure you've not pulled?! )

me? :laugh: :laugh:

Glad Sky was better last night and hope you're not too achey this morning :flowers:

I love italian food Wendy, looks like it was worth waiting for . :biggrin: