UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

okay ladies house

the walls are not bad and were built by her late husband ( he died 10 years ago ) she has a daughter the same age as my daughter

DSCF2700.jpg

The roof however is falling apart and it leaks in multiple places and it rains a lot in Sri Lanka

DSCF2697.jpg

the living room , there own no items of furniture at all at the moment. the floor is levelled mud and when the rain water gets in from the leaky roof it becomes a swamp

DSCF2695.jpg

DSCF2705.jpg

The kitchen

DSCF2704.jpg

The bedroom which they both share

DSCF2703.jpg

these people are poor , I mean literally struggling to feed themselves and there is no state aid to assist them and they often rely on neighbours and Monks to assist them with food , they have a outside toilet and a stand pipe to wash themselves and there clothes

by our standards its a living hell yet the lady and her daughter were both clean and presentable and welcomed us into the house

and they also have a dog , not just any dog a dog that needs special care and attention ( both front legs are deformed )

DSCF2698.jpg

DSCF2699.jpg

Mark observed that the dog appears better feed then mum ( I think she feeds her daughter and dog and eats whats left )

so we have a team of builders working now to replace the roof, plaster the walls and floor , make better ventilation in the kitchen , make proper door and windows and also to buy some basic furniture and cooking equipment

we are also working with village leaders and MEF who are working on providing employment oppurtunies for this lady ( for example MEF are going to plant banana plants in her garden and buy back the crops for the elephants )

its a pilot project and when its finished we are going to try and get construction companies to sponsor more houses , our builder is going to train local men to do the semi skilled work and every one who works on the project gets a fair wage for there work

I am as excited about this as I am about Dogstar ( the funds are and will always be 100 % seperate ) although Dogstar intends to employ this families as foster carers or to make items such as dog collars etc

:mecry: :mecry: speechless

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam and Mark you guys are complete :angel: 's :wub:

I had the most boring conference tonight on IHT *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN* I am now home and happy though :biggrin:

RMF: I also have a foof related question but I am too embarressed to ask the wise fugees so will go to my docs tomorrow :blush02: :laugh:

Bloody hell!

Sam is it best to send money for this lady to buy things out there or to send stuff she needs?

Sparkly person with the poorly Foof. Ask away and don't be shy. Anything you say in here is totally confidential :wink:

I got a job offer this morning and start next monday , I could have started tommorow ( they are very keen ) but I am flying to Budapest tommorow with Di ( Helly ) for a Dogs Trust Seminar on teaching animal welfare issues to childern

Congratulations :flowers:

And I second every who says what wonderful people you and Mark are x

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Daisy :angry: On Friday she came home from school without her scooter. She claimed she'd forgotten it so I told her to go back and get it (her last one was stolen from school last year) but she said the caretaker took all of the bikes & scooters that were left behind inside over the weekend so it'd be fine. She's come home without it again. She said she thinks she saw it in lost property this morning but this afternoon it had gone. So I asked if she'd spoken to a member of staff about it. No, she hasn't. Any sensible person would ask a teacher, receptionist or the caretaker where it had been moved to. Not Daisy :rolleyes: So I've sent her back to school to find it. Woe betide she come home without it :angry:

did she come back with it ??

I feel sick.

I've got to go to my old house that I shared with exOH to pick some old belongings up that I left there. He emailed me and said if I dont get them they'll be binned tomorrow.

He wont be there but my beagles will be :mecry: :mecry:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I've been making cards and I rather like this one. I'm struggling to know if stuff is utter crap or not though. When you do something yourself you can't tell can you. :laugh:

DSCN0752.jpg

Shame about the photography really as every time I take a pic the cards look all wonky and it doesn't capture the colours as they are. :rolleyes:

loving the card Michelle, hope we can see some others ?

Bloody hell!

Sam is it best to send money for this lady to buy things out there or to send stuff she needs?

Sparkly person with the poorly Foof. Ask away and don't be shy. Anything you say in here is totally confidential :wink:

:laugh: thats def what RMF is :laugh:

I'm not really sure how to put it though :blush02:

Yes don't worry if you have an embarrassing problem as no-one will pick up on it. It will be seen by one person only and that person will be able to help. No-one will keep quoting your problem over and over for the world to see.

Oh hang on we're on the refuge. Scratch that. :laugh: Seriously though I'm sure a few of us have probably had your problem also and will be able to help.

Seriously though I'm sure a few of us have probably had your problem also and will be able to help.

Speak for yourself. There's never been anything wrong with my Foof :sleep:

[nothing that a course of antibiotics didn't cure anyway]

Not RMFed at all over the weekend, so sorry if I missed anything vital, rude or scandalous.

That lady makes me feel so humble, is there any way I can sponsor her dog

I was thinking just the same thing. How much would is cost to keep the 3 of then (Mum, daughter, dog) in rice each month?