UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at this moment we are not looking for outside funding for this project as we don't even have a name let along a bank account for it plus we wanted to try it out first and check we could actually do what we said we would do ( I know we can but I would rather have house 1 finished before we touch other peoples money )

however dogstar can and will supply aid to the dog and if we happen to over order on rice each month then it would only be right that mum and daughter helped finish it off rather than it go off :ninja:

dogstar volunteers who come out with us in September will be able to visit the hopefully finished house as well

however dogstar can and will supply aid to the dog and if we happen to over order on rice each month then it would only be right that mum and daughter helped finish it off rather than it go off :ninja:

Okay, so how much would it cost to over order on rice? :ninja:

I'd like to help the Sri Lankan lady and her family too. Seeing how they - and presumably many others - live really puts things into their proper perspective for me.

once we get the new project up and running I will let people know so they can help , I hope it explains why dogstar is needed as well

how can we expect people that poor to be able to afford what little vet care is available, it really pisses me off when I read on the internet that Sri Lanka has appauling animal rights record and sri lankans are all cruel to animals, of course there is some cruelty in some areas but its not widespead and not in the many areas we are working

when you see how a lot of rural famlies away from Columbo ( the Capital ) or the beach resorts actually lives and how poor they are its a bloody miracle they can look after there childern let alone there dogs

and yet the majority do care, they turn up at our clinics and its clear they love there dogs even through unvaccinated as the majority are when we first see them they could be carrying rabies

Vena update

On our walk tonight for the first time she walked the whole of the walk with Mark on the lead, and didn't flinch or refuse to walk, she did look around a bit for me. but she was very very brave and happy.

I do love her so so much, she makes my heart ache

:ninja: I am officially not here and I officially have no foof related queries :ninja:

Come on Sparkly, out with it (the question, clearly) if I can do it you can do it :biggrin:

Oh and I found and posted that book :flowers:

Evening everybody :flowers:

Vena update

On our walk tonight for the first time she walked the whole of the walk with Mark on the lead, and didn't flinch or refuse to walk, she did look around a bit for me. but she was very very brave and happy.

I do love her so so much, she makes my heart ache

Laura, that's fabulous and a testament to you :GroupHug: