UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

Sam, how much would a volunteer need money-wise to go over in September?

How much Sam - give us a ball park figure - doesn't have to be precise :unsure:

Sam and Mark - you are truly :angel: :angel: in this world of ours.

I understand that you want to see this one house finished to assess how things go but I guess most all of us feel so in awe of all the things you both do and we want to help, in whatever way we can. Is it better to organise a delivery from this country of items or is it better to donate funds and buy items locally in Sri Lanka? Any info would be very welcome.

Huge :GroupHug: for you both

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vena update

On our walk tonight for the first time she walked the whole of the walk with Mark on the lead, and didn't flinch or refuse to walk, she did look around a bit for me. but she was very very brave and happy.

I do love her so so much, she makes my heart ache

Oh Vena you are wonderful :wub:

Come on Sparkly, out with it (the question, clearly) if I can do it you can do it :biggrin:

Oh and I found and posted that book :flowers:

Oh funnky thanks hun :flowers: how you feeling?? Is baba behaving herself??

Ok then :rolleyes: later on!! Just on the phone to Lee's mum :)

the major expense is airfare which is between 450 & 600 pounds depending on routing and how many times you change and how much luggage you want to take . cheaper fares have 20 kg which is more than enough for normal people ( I tend to have to pay slightly more as I am carrying such a large amount of equipment ) Terri Incapuppy has been looking at various deals including package holidays

MEF are offering us a fantastic deal at approx £ 75 per week per volunteer which includes accommodation ( Kay its basic but its okay ) 3 meals a day whilst at MEF and airport pick up and drop off. They are also offering our volunteers the chance to work with the elephants for a daily donation of £ 5

accommodation off site for trips to mobile clinics would be no more than £ 10 a night ( and less if people wanted to share ) and food would be a few pounds a day , travel costs go up and down depending on fuel but we do have full use of MEFs jeep and driver so again its fairly cheap

I was going to ask that too :laugh:

:ninja: I am officially not here and I officially have no foof related queries :ninja:

You are a fibber on both counts. Come on, we all know you have an Toot issue you need to discuss :rolleyes:

ive had a hell of a busy day today and am still trying to read back and catch up. ive had all my hair cut off, have been to various wholesalers, been to the garden centre and bought plants and even managed to plant them. Mowed the garden but left a big pile of nettles for the butterflys. ive packed for my trip to budapest tomorrow, charged up the mp3 and the DS so me and sam can play dyslexic scrabble on the plane, showered, shaved me legs and pits and have cooked beans on toast for dinner. im now shattered :laugh: (but im glad to report i have no foof problems or any other problems for that matter )

Sticking to a foof theme. Ellis came back from a freinds earlier where they apparantly discussed various names for lady gardens.

Her freind calls hers a Trumpet :mellow: surely thats more appropriate for a boy? [though in this house Sam calls his a willy and go-nuts :laugh: :laugh: ]

Vena update

On our walk tonight for the first time she walked the whole of the walk with Mark on the lead, and didn't flinch or refuse to walk, she did look around a bit for me. but she was very very brave and happy.

I do love her so so much, she makes my heart ache

thats wonderful , Vena is a product of the love you and Mark have shown her and its wonderful to read her updates :GroupHug:

(but im glad to report i have no foof problems or any other problems for that matter )

as we are sharing a room I am very happy to read that

Sticking to a foof theme. Ellis came back from a freinds earlier where they apparantly discussed various names for lady gardens.

Her freind calls hers a Trumpet :mellow: surely thats more appropriate for a boy? [though in this house Sam calls his a willy and go-nuts :laugh: :laugh: ]

go nuts :biglaugh: