UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Storms

Wendbert

We must have had at least 1 severe gust here last night and from a different direction to usual - hubby went to let Nog out this morning and looked to the right into the garden to check the fences as he did so he felt a strong breeze blowing from his left, turned and our side door was wide open and flat back against the house, we normally have the door tied as well as locked as when it's just locked it can rattle, both the lock and the rope are broken :wacko: We've just had to hunt for a thicker rope to tie it shut, but at least for now it's only a minor issue and the fences are fine.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather wasn't as bad as I expected (I'm in Birmingham) the garden chairs have been flung about a bit and there is a LOT of rain. My folks have a caravan in Wales which they are in at the moment, I will ring them later to make sure they didn't do a Wizard of oz in the night!

Oh help, I missed all of this till now. Mark has just gone off to catch the train from Plymouth, which runs right along the sea for miles. Bet the train is delayed.

... actually, scratch that, looking at the closed roads, he won't get to Plymouth for ages, our main road there is closed by fallen trees.

I have told Daisy that Fife is supposed to miss the bad weather, but she's taking no chances and is refusing to go out for a wee wee :wacko: her excuse is a small dinky little Stafford could quite easily be blown away :mellow:

It is pretty blowy up here, but you southerners are all safties, whats concidered a refreshing breeze up here changes into a force 10 gale as soon as it gets past Newcastle :D :laugh:

Blowing hard and raining heavely here. We are lucky that we are fairly well shelterd . Holly also refused to leave the safety of the house this morning. Can't say I blame her, I wouldn't want to expose my private bits to this weather.

Barbara

Not just your own garden to be aware of, walking my two this morning past a house where a fence panel had blown off - and there was a rabbit in a hutch in the garden,Daisy saw it a split second before I did :rolleyes: Think the owners of the house may have had an early awakening,not to mention the rabbit a huge fright having her bounce off the wire.Did get her out pretty fast under protest thankfully.

Apparently the closed road is a fantasy in the minds of the BBC. Nothing worse than rain here, though Az thinks I am an evil torturer for making him go out for a walk, even in his coat, and is very pleased to be home again. Mollydog, obviously, ran about in the rain and mud doing her usual spaniel impression.