UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Storms

Wendbert

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a silly question - does children going to school count as a necessary journey?

I live in an area with a severe weather warning.

I am going to see how the weather is in the morning before I send Aisling out, also her schools roof leaks a lot so very high winds may have finshed it off so I will listen to the local radio to check if its open

Just a thought I know we are worried about our dogs but have just been outside to put the rabbits away and you can really feel the wind picking up and our rabbits have a large 3 story house where the roof comes of and suddenly realised how easy in a storm it could blow of so moved them into the corner so storm cant blo it over and covered them up with tarpaulin breeze blocks to hold them in place, hope people dont forget about there rabbits.

Well I'm doing this one single-handed but company would be most welcome Ms Pops - just give me the nod if you fancy joining me for any leg of the voyage :wink:

Trois étapes - first stop La Baule (south west France), 2nd Corunna (north west Spain), 3rd Cadiz - final destination. Good eating and entertainment to be had at each of these ports. Come on down - it might not be enjoyable in a conventional sense but certainly interesting :flowers:

I'd love to do that although my sailing skills are nothing to write home about, reefing a sail is just about my limit! We were once going to sail the Atlantic with a friend of mine's mother's boyfriend, sadly he died of a heart attack delivering a boat around the coast of Spain, I later said to Susie what the heck would we have done if it had happened in the middle of the Atlantic?

I'd love to do that although my sailing skills are nothing to write home about, reefing a sail is just about my limit! We were once going to sail the Atlantic with a friend of mine's mother's boyfriend, sadly he died of a heart attack delivering a boat around the coast of Spain, I later said to Susie what the heck would we have done if it had happened in the middle of the Atlantic?

Oh the poor chap :GroupHug:

Sailing is one of the things I have listed as a possible hobby, Blessington lake where HLGS's relations live have a great range of lessons.