UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Storms

Wendbert

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping our heads down here, though may have to shift a couple of collies locally :unsure: It was so lovely here today that it's hard to believe what is coming. But apparently we are going to be the first to get clobbered :rolleyes: I just hope our leccy stays on.

Ive just been out feeding horses and I also dont think it looks like we will have a storm. When they really get going because we are high up the whole house will rattle and shake with the winds. We have solid stone walls which protect us but it still sounds like the most powerful thing on earth when it gets going.

I'm supposed to be delivering a boat from Dartmouth to Cadiz (starting) tomorrow! :ohmy: The synoptic charts look far more promising for later in the week so plans will have to be changed. That's life. :rolleyes:

I hope that everyone will be safe and weather this weather well :flowers:

ooooh, you lucky thing, how exciting would that be :biggrin: Quite fancy life on the open wave, me :rolleyes: :laugh:

Well I'm doing this one single-handed but company would be most welcome Ms Pops - just give me the nod if you fancy joining me for any leg of the voyage :wink:

Trois étapes - first stop La Baule (south west France), 2nd Corunna (north west Spain), 3rd Cadiz - final destination. Good eating and entertainment to be had at each of these ports. Come on down - it might not be enjoyable in a conventional sense but certainly interesting :flowers:

Well I'm doing this one single-handed but company would be most welcome Ms Pops - just give me the nod if you fancy joining me for any leg of the voyage :wink:

Trois étapes - first stop La Baule (south west France), 2nd Corunna (north west Spain), 3rd Cadiz - final destination. Good eating and entertainment to be had at each of these ports. Come on down - it might not be enjoyable in a conventional sense but certainly interesting :flowers:

Oh I would love this! :biggrin: Sailed across to france a few times with my dad. He used to deliver boats to. I love being at sea. Its so peaceful (unless its howling). :laugh:

Shame he lost the boat. No more cheap holidays :( :laugh:

My parents are supposed to be catching a ferry home to the UK in their motorhome from somewhere in France on Tuesday. I suspect/hope it will be cancelled :rolleyes:

I have been trying to phone them to make sure they have heard the forecast so they can revise plans but getting a spanish woman chanting something I dont understand at me! :laugh: I take it their mobile phone is out of range/ switched off! :rolleyes:

Hope you're parents are ok Andrea :flowers:

It's getting windy here, but then again, the slightest breeze turns into a strong wind as we're on a straight bit of road with tall buildings either side so the wind gets channelled along here.

Winds have just started to pick up here and rain is lashing. I have candles placed everywhere just in case the light goes out.

Doesn't look good for Bea's transport run to Scotland tomorrow :(.

I might need to keep Monty altogether, fate n all that :D :D.