UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Baby Killed By Rottweiler

KathyM

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

melp is currently on route to the bbc studios to be interviewed on sky news, though it is very difficult to make comment on something where there are few facts available

the only information available at the minute is that the boys mother attempted to get the dog off the child so was there

and its being reported that the dog was shot by police presumably because its owner was unable to bring it under control themselves, it is not clear who the dogs owner was within the family.

So so sad :mecry:

Have just seen this in BBC news where they said the dog was shot as its standard procedure.

They had Jan Fennel on who talked quite a lot of sense and did make the point dogs should not be pinned, use choke collars or shock collars etc. She also pointed out that it was irrelevant the dog was a rottweiler and what was relevant was that it was a dog. She talked her ususal guff abouit leadership and decision making but not bad overall

She's just been on and they gave her a really hard time :( poor melp I think she did brilliantly under the circumstances he was trying hard to get her to say that some breeds of dogs were bred for their aggressiveness, twisting her words and she was brilliant in not allowing him to do that. Big hugs to melp who is probably going to be very very busy with the media today :GroupHug:

I've just watched Melp being interviewed on Sky News and I am shocked. I can't remember when I have seen a more biased and aggresive interviewing style from a news presenter. It would appear that becasue she was a spokesperson for Deed Not Breed he had decided to stick the knife in before she had even had her say...she wasn't allowed to deviate from his very specific and leading questions, and I found his tone appalling. And that isn't just about the fact she is talking about something I agree with...I'd feel like that whatever he was interviewing about. I'm disgusted at the treatment of someone who has given up their time to add to their news reports.