UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Baby Killed By Rottweiler

KathyM

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you :flowers: .

We have a few rotties about here but the owners always give the rest of us a wide berth, only once has Arran walked with one and that was because we came upon them accidentally. The rottie was a great big dufus and the owner did say that she keeps away from people as others don't seem to like the breed.

Terri

I haven't yet seen the sky coverage other than the written bits on their online site - but looking at other papers online, it's not making headline news - and it's only a bit on bbc. Is this perhaps because it's a rottie not a pit bull or is it no longer headline news? Sad to see that the rottie is suggested by sky to be a new breed on the list of banned dogs.

Poor little boy, sleep tight.

I'm saddened that the media just see this as a juicy story to sink their teeth into :(

Poor family,sweet dreams little one.

Exactly. So aggressively reported which, to me, doesn't show any compassion for the family for the loss of their small child or the pet dog.

Mel has just been on Sky News again briefly. I didn't see the first interview so I don't know if it's the same but it was outside and only showed her making a brief comment so was only a small part of the interview.

Exactly. So aggressively reported which, to me, doesn't show any compassion for the family for the loss of their small child or the pet dog.

Mel has just been on Sky News again briefly. I didn't see the first interview so I don't know if it's the same but it was outside and only showed her making a brief comment so was only a small part of the interview.

.. which to me once again confirms that the media have no compassion for anything but the view ratings. They're just scum :angry: :angry:

The link above is ust giving me a recurring story of the events in Pakistan at the minute. One of the videos on Sky actually on this is "not available". Does anyone else have a link to Mel's interview? We don't get Sky News on the telly (thanks to Virgin!).

I must say I dont feel the media is over reacting at all. A 1 year old child has been murdered. Can you imagine what that poor mother must of witnessed it doesnt bare thinking about. I love rotties and 1 day will own one but until something is done to stop them falling into the wrong hands things like this are going to happen. And I believe 1 child losing there life is to many and it is becoming all to frequent. There are dogs (I Believe) that are used purely for there strength and capabilitys and are very powerful weapons until there is a license where only responsible people own them this will go on and on I believe.

My heart goes out to all the family as there are no words to describe what has happened.

I must say I dont feel the media is over reacting at all. A 1 year old child has been murdered. Can you imagine what that poor mother must of witnessed it doesnt bare thinking about. I love rotties and 1 day will own one but until something is done to stop them falling into the wrong hands things like this are going to happen. And I believe 1 child losing there life is to many and it is becoming all to frequent. There are dogs (I Believe) that are used purely for there strength and capabilitys and are very powerful weapons until there is a license where only responsible people own them this will go on and on I believe.

My heart goes out to all the family as there are no words to describe what has happened.

Please be very careful of using emotive language on a thread like this - there's no need:

murder(mûr'dər)

n.

The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

My emphasis.

What is your basis for saying this dog was in "the wrong hands"?

All I have seen in the news and police report suggests it was a family pet used to children and with no history of aggression.