UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

No way does it annoy me. love hearing about ivan and wishing i was as brave as you are!! they are beautiful horses and need more pics of them :biggrin: as well as nott, cueva, kane etc - come on where are the pics!!!! lol :biggrin:

i would start talking about all the horses at work but how long have you got!!" and i never get round to taking pics :rolleyes:

Oh no not at all Ann, I love hearing about the beautiful horses you care for, after all you still go through all the emotions we do, whether you own them or not :flowers: I second more pictures please :biggrin:

phoenix21 - I can't believe you have been holding out on us :angry: start talking :laugh: :laugh:

:biggrin: Well, I had my second lesson today and rode Arthur again :rolleyes: we did not have quite so many discussions today but still the odd disagreement about what speed he would do.

Apparantely the look on his face was priceless :laugh: he was mortified at having to work.

I need to remember to sit up more and not dip my shoulder, but we are getting there. I even popped over a jump - OK it was a foot high, if that - but I did it. I have always been nervous jumping 'cos the first time my horse did twice the jump height and the second horse cat-jumped every time :unsure:

Booked in for next week, and will even try and take my camera :)

does it annoy people that I write about horses that are not actually mine?

Of course not!! :laugh:

I even popped over a jump -

Booked in for next week, and will even try and take my camera :)

Ok. That's it! I am officially envious now!! Cantering and a jump!!! :laugh:

Do take your camera next week! He sounds like a charachter!

Anne - I love hearing about all the horses at the stables where you work (not envious at all honest!). I can never get enough of Uniq and all the foals :wub:

Very quick Cueva update - she was an absolute sweetie on Friday (rushed up to see her before I went away for the weekend). I told her if she wasn't going to be a good girl I was going to swap her for a Luso Boy - and she was a delight! I do love my Spanish mare :wub: she is an angel really (also the haylage has gone down to once a day as the grass is through with a vengence).

Nott, I am ashamed to say was a baggage on Friday and very rude :rolleyes: as I interrupted her down time with Bracken!

Well, i still havent taken my camera down to the stables but i will soon. There is an eye infection going round at the minute so we've been busy washing eyes and putting eye drops in - with 80 horses theres a fair few to do :rolleyes:

Heres some pics from last winter

the lovely clydesdale Lizzy

IMG_0328.jpg

Maggie - seems slow with clients but with us shes a pocket rocket - lovely horse (i think its passata - shire x behind her)

IMG_0329.jpg

Amber- grumpy highland mare but shes quite nice really. Did show me up last year when i took the intermediate ride out - was coming back up the field - reins dangling (normally beginners ride her shes that kind of horse) and then decides with no warning to spook at electric fence - spin round and gallop back down through the forest. Managed to gather up washing lines and apologise to customers who followed me :laugh:

IMG_0330.jpg

Sunny - currently in the field chillin and just comes in for his brekkie everyday

vic-1.jpg

Bear - one of my favs - hes a big softie - here he is pulling the carriage

Image014.jpg

oh and one more (sorry!!) Whisky -the cheekiest shettie ever!! he escapes from everything and cant tie him up as he escapes from every headcollar :laugh:

IMG_0331.jpg

Funny thing i heard the other day (well not really funny more shocking!!) - one of the parents asked if we still had rosie (little black shettie). I said no she was quite old so shes retired now back to where she used to live (which is true). Mum turned to daughter and said;

'Shes been put in a tin dear' :ohmy:

Oh what lovely horses!

80!!!!! I struggle to cope with 2!

lol - well about 14 are shetties and a futher 12 sort of welshies/small pony sized so they make up to just a few horses :laugh: We do have too many though - she keeps getting more without finding homes for the others. But i think some will be going soon - some are on loan so are going back to owners. Am worried she will be getting rid of sunny soon as he isnt doing anything and not sure if he will be ridden again - wish i could win the lottery :( We also have a couple of retired ones that stay there - lady is best friends with stockings and separating them would cause the death of her literally and rocco just wanders about most of the time trying to eat peoples lunch - hes a minature shettie with a belly as wide as he is tall. I might have a pic....taken last summer on phone so not great quality

Image005.jpg

We have a lot of land though and its so busy as it takes all the customers from centre parcs plus lessons from outside so with so many horses it ensures that they dont do too much work and at this time of year get about 3-4 days off each a week. In summer it means they all just do a max of 2 hrs work. About 7 or 8 also go on holiday for a couple of months around this time of year for a break.

We do have a lot of staff (about 20 or more at weekends) but i do feel the horses miss out on the one to one attention - everyone however has their favorites so they always get spoilt.

I will stop rambling now sorry :(