UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Not one of you spotted this pure bred crabbetts Arab.

How could you?!!!! :laugh: :laugh: No wonder he does not look a happy bunny :laugh:

What is his name? Do you know any of his history - it's just I know of a grey pure bred crabbet that was up for loan a few months ago, but had serious "issues"!

Glad that there are others who are happier out hacking that schooling - don't feel quite so strange now!! :)

How could you?!!!! :laugh: :laugh: No wonder he does not look a happy bunny :laugh:

What is his name? Do you know any of his history - it's just I know of a grey pure bred crabbet that was up for loan a few months ago, but had serious "issues"!

Glad that there are others who are happier out hacking that schooling - don't feel quite so strange now!! :)

He is Persia,one of the five Arabs.

He is doing very well and will look like a real horse by spring I reckon.

He does have issues like Snowdrop the calf steals his lunch but then so does everyone.

There was a Crabbett being sold with issues which included take your arm off with teeth.

Edited by Trallwm farm

He is gorgeous!

The original Crabbet Park is only about 5 miles away from me - there is still a small livery yard there but they stopped breeding arabs there years ago and the old house has been redevloped in to luxury apartments. :(

I was talking nonsense about that other grey - he was not Crabbet - he is one of the Gucci arabs - one of the Guccis had a massive stud around here and after his death all of the stock was sold.

I do have a thing about grey arabs! (How on earth did I end up with a coloured cart horse? :laugh: )

(Still have some rugs up here that you would be welcome to if anyone is in the vicinity!)

Aww Rolo you cheeky monkey :laugh: I think I would much prefer challenges in the school than out hacking at least you are enclosed :)

I am sure once the better weather and lighter nights are here things will be much easier, well that is what I keep telling myself anyway!

Lovely arab boy :wub: Definately not amused at his hat, you can see him planning his revenge :laugh:

Lovely to catch up! I think the move has not only don't Loki good Clare! I think you both sound alot happier! Wonderful!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Naughty Rolo!! Making mummy scared! :ohmy:

Had a lovely couple of rides this weekend..sorry sorry no camera! I have no computer at home at the moment so can't download any! But I think we've licked the gallopping for the sea thing!!! Just learnt to relax (see me talking to myself and doing silly arm relaxing movements!!!! :laugh: ), let the reins drop and try to concentrate on anything other than the sea and the wide open beach!!!! :laugh:

We did nearly a mile along a very open beach on saturday and he stayed in walk for most of it (only had a little trot cos Minty decided that it was boring and pushed him!!!! :laugh: ). So he was rewarded by a nice collected canter, until Danny tripped over and then Kane saw he chance and raced passed him! :laugh: :laugh: I've definately learnt to relax more and it's amazing what the results are!

Got a challenging weekend coming up though, got to look after all the horses and will have to ride on my own cos my friends are all away! :ohmy: A bit worried cos Kane hasn't been out on his own for nearly a year!!! But I'll be sensible and lead him out until we get over the busy road, then hopefully he will chill out and we'll be okay..it will be a spooky ride but as long as he knows he's going in a circle and he'll be back home soon he usually manages! I've got to get used to riding alone but it's still scarey!!! :(

Got a challenging weekend coming up though, got to look after all the horses and will have to ride on my own cos my friends are all away! :ohmy: A bit worried cos Kane hasn't been out on his own for nearly a year!!! But I'll be sensible and lead him out until we get over the busy road, then hopefully he will chill out and we'll be okay..it will be a spooky ride but as long as he knows he's going in a circle and he'll be back home soon he usually manages! I've got to get used to riding alone but it's still scarey!!! :(

well done :flowers: am sure you'll be fine out on your own, kane seems to be so much better - you might end up enjoying a pootle about together without anyone. good luck :flowers: (still waiting for photos - better have an overload when you get a computer)

I love this thread :biggrin:

Kai :wub: :wub: One of my favourite colours. Squeak (now persil white) was once that colour!!.

New yard sounds great Clare. It's just my two at the farm but I think Duke would actually prefer a busier yard and if I had the pennies I'd make a move too, especially as we are without a menage. Having said that, Duke can be quite the boss so perhaps best for all if we stay put!!!

I did take some pics. today but left camera at the farm this morning so will add later - hairy, scruffy oldies coming up!

Forgot to say, Jacky you will be fine! I still haven't managed to get Duke to walk, we'll have to do a swap for a while ;) So wish I was nearer!!

Edited by reds

So pleased that you and Kane are sorting yourselves out Jacky - can you tell me how to relax please? :laugh:

Doggie Mom - can we get ourselves a bit more polished first please? :laugh:

I am pleased to report that Rolo and I are back to normal!!

Well, what a difference a day makes!

Went up the yard on my way home from work - I quite often do as it is on my way home, but forgot to take old trousers, so was in my pinstripe work ones and my lovely pink wellies. :laugh:

It was a lovely evening - still light and there was not a soul around, so, on the spur of the moment I decided to arm myself with a few sliced carrots and head off to the school to do some "getting on" practice! He was a poppet - the first time I got on he stood still while I got on, but moved off as soon as my bum was in the saddle - we mooched around the school for a bit then I got off and led him back - got on again - didn't move at all this time! Such a good boy - even tried trotting, but my pink wellies and pinstripe trousers were not man enough for the job!! We were both much more laid back that at the weekend.

I am very very pleased with him - he is such a quick learner.

Came out beaming!

Gonna have to get shares in a carrot farm tho :laugh:

From this morning. Probably the worst they've ever looked mind!!

Honestly the shelter doesn't look quite that angled in real life :laugh:

angle.jpg

Note the grey hairs around his star and the snip. My baby. Duke (24 yrs.)

angled.jpg

Determined NOT to look

angledu.jpg

So I went round the other side :rolleyes:

angleduk.jpg

Including this one as I realised you can see where the lump is on his neck, below his whorl. You can see the sticky hairs surrounding the lump which is covered by normal hair growth. Very worried, as soon as I know which day the farrier is coming (so I know which day is next free), the vet will be on her way.

angledukk.jpg

My lovely Squeaky (27 years):

angles.jpg

anglesq.jpg