UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

you have to upload your picture to a website, such as photobucket. For size you can choose using the edit button above every picture uploaded, you choose 640 x 480 or smaller to post here. Then you click the "IMG" tag below your chosen picture, and just copy that URL straight to your reply window here.

:)

Thanks Doggie mum, that just sounds way to complicated, plus I wouldnt want to up load any of my work to a photo site, but thanks for taking time to explain it! Guess I wil just have to leave my horse pic on the www sites he is already starring on!! :laugh:

Thanks Doggie mum, that just sounds way to complicated, plus I wouldnt want to up load any of my work to a photo site, but thanks for taking time to explain it! Guess I wil just have to leave my horse pic on the www sites he is already starring on!! :laugh:

If those sites allow hot linking then you can link directly to the pics on those sites click the little tree icon and enter the url to the picture.

The other way would be to upload to your own gallery here - instructions for using the gallery are in the help section.

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11705

If those sites allow hot linking then you can link directly to the pics on those sites click the little tree icon and enter the url to the picture.

The other way would be to upload to your own gallery here - instructions for using the gallery are in the help section.

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11705

snow, thanks for your help, no he only appears on my own commercial website for my business, :)

Ivanov :wub: Are you planning to do some dressage with him in the future Ann?

No. His future is out of my hands sadly. Either he will be going to a trainer in Germany soon, or the trainer who rode him last spring/summer, or they will have to make a decission about what to do with him, as he has some quite nasty things showing up on x-rays. He doesn't seem bothered on bit right now, and might never feel it, but it could cripple him later on if it turns out he isn't fit for riding.

Sadly he enjoys working so much, and has been miserable and bored when he had 3 weeks off, so a life without being used would be cruel I think.

I might know more after next weekend, when my boss' German instructor is doing a clinic (?) up at there place, and he will see him ridden (not by me), and help them decide if it is worth the risk of putting in all the hard work to educate him.

No. His future is out of my hands sadly. Either he will be going to a trainer in Germany soon, or the trainer who rode him last spring/summer, or they will have to make a decission about what to do with him, as he has some quite nasty things showing up on x-rays. He doesn't seem bothered on bit right now, and might never feel it, but it could cripple him later on if it turns out he isn't fit for riding.

Sadly he enjoys working so much, and has been miserable and bored when he had 3 weeks off, so a life without being used would be cruel I think.

I might know more after next weekend, when my boss' German instructor is doing a clinic (?) up at there place, and he will see him ridden (not by me), and help them decide if it is worth the risk of putting in all the hard work to educate him.

Oh poor boy :( Hope you have positive news after the weekend :flowers:

Sorry to hear that Ivanov is not so good.

I took my camera down to the yard this weekend to get some more piccies of the boys and the sun even came out for a while so loads of pictures below to keep you going (as you may notice, Will is now bigger than Apple!!!)

Apple first:

000_0203.jpg

Trying on his new rug (another one!!)

000_0205.jpg

With Will trying to get in on the act!!

000_0206.jpg

Close up of my handsome boy

000_0204.jpg

Now some Will pictures:

Left side:

000_0207.jpg

Right side:

000_0211.jpg

Head shot:

000_0215.jpg

And both boys together:

000_0217.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!! Katherine Will is an absolute stunner!!!!! He's going to be a heavy boy isn't he?

Apple has a lovely shape on him! He's so cute!! :wub: :wub:

Sorry but unless this weather improves there will be no Kane or foal pictures! They just look like completely neglected scruff buckets!!! :(

I can't decide how heavy he is going to be, he is about 18 months now and has filled out a bit in the last couple of months rather than going up much, but his bum has just shot up again so will have to wait and see. He is 3/4 warmblood from a warmblood mare and a heavyish warmblood X TB stallion so he should have a decent amount of bone, just trying to work out how tall he is going to end up. For reference Apple is about 14hh and is an X-wide saddle so is pretty stocky!!

AT LAST!!! Thank you Katherine :biggrin: Your boys are gorgeous, both of them :wub: :wub:

Ivan was norty when I rode him today, he pretended to be a helicopter for a second, took off straight up! Then, took off straight forward in a big fly-leap, and headed towards the barrier/wall. I just prayed he knew where to either stop or turn, cos he wasn't really taking notice of me at the time :laugh: . My boss went pale, he horse took it nicely though! (he can be a bit of a hot-head himself at times).. The neighbour, Rita, who had only been in the school for about 15 minutes, jumped straight off and went home :laugh: . My boss thought I was brave cos I just continued riding afterwards, but what else was there to do, it's not Ivans fault that there was a storm hurling away outside, and the sand school sounded like it was coming apart :mellow:

He was a good boy after that, I only did one little canter, but it didn't really feel safe, so I admitted defeat :rolleyes: (he likes to tuck his nose in and let go of the bit in canter, and has to really be ridden to move forward at a good pace, and seek the hand better... only, sometimes when you push him to move he bucks, and I didn't like my odds on that one today :happy: ).