UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I love the photos that you have taken from "on board"! How do you keep his mane so white?!

Like the look of that yard - I did not think that it was too expensive, although it did make me realise how cheap mine is! If you do go to look at it, try to meet some of the other liveries - they can make or break a yard in my opinion!

I bet it would not be logn before you started doing some competing if you were there too! :)

I think the sun helped his mane look much whiter than it is!

I think cost wise it would work about about the same perhaps a little more than I am paying now. At the moment I pay £40 per week which includes hay and school lights. Whereas the other yard would be £25 plus £5 for school lights and then hay, so summer would probably be cheaper and winter more expensive.

You are right it would be a perfect place to introduce him to competing when he is ready, it is where I would have taken to regardless of where he was kept, they have loads of clinics too. It would be fantastic for his education. But the idea of moving there scares me to death for some reason :rolleyes:

I think that yard sounds fantastic! I'd drive miles if it meant Kane had a happy safe and secure home. :wink: I think you should definately consider it. :flowers: :flowers:

The problem with the travelling is not the distance but the journey. Between home and yard there are three traffic blackspots, and with working full time and being on DIY I would be travelling in the rush hour morning and night. On a good day it would be 20 / 25 minutes but it has also taken me an hour to do that route :(

Of course not being overly settled in my new job I could look for a job out that way ...........

No point in me getting :wacko: until I have found out tonight if there are any vacancies :)

Woohooo I have managed a multiple quote :partytime: :laugh:

But the idea of moving there scares me to death for some reason :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean...it sounds an amazing place, but I would feel that I wasn't good enough!! I'm hoping to buy a share in a van this year and I'm getting nervous about taking Kane to fun rides and shows..not cos of him but incase I'm shown up in my ignorance!!!! :wacko:

Shame about the driving distance...sounds like a really great place!

I know exactly what you mean too Clare - it is too big for me - I am used to small and intimate!! :laugh: Plus I would feel a bit inadequate too! (Maybe there is a reason why I have been on the same yard for over 10 years!!! :laugh: )

I sort of know that journey, and can relate to your reluctance!

Why don't you go and have a look anyway - the more you look at the more you can see what they offer and what you want/will fit in. You may find you love it there

I still think you should move to Surrey - you would fit in perfectly on our yard - and no charge for the floodlights!! (Mind you, I never ride in the week at the mo as he is still being lunged at least twice a week for me :) )

Good luck

I wish I lived in Surrey, your yard sounds just what I am looking for :)

Have spoken to Sally tonight and there are vacancies, I am going to take a look on Saturday :thumbsup_anim:

Tonight went a long way to show me going forward it would be nice to have some support on hand. Because Loki can be spooky with things on the ground Sally likes to "suprise" him by placing poles around the school and then moving them to a different place each time, well today she decided to draw squiggles in the school, well Loki was having none of it, so we quietly kept asking, eventually he lepted it 4ft in the air over scary squiggle and fly bucked all the way down the school :ohmy: I really don't know how I stayed on and Sally said that I can never say I can't ride again as she doesn't know how I didn't go flying :rolleyes: I think it was more luck and fear than skill :laugh:

Sounds like the yard is fab, you will know if it is the right place for Loki. Well done for staying put in your lesson, sounds like your teacher really knows her stuff too. Keep the updates coming please and more piccies would be lovely :liebe94:

*ahem* talking of pictures someone also promised more pictures and I do believe the sun is shinning today :biggrin:

I forgot to say I can't believe how much Will has grown!

you have to upload your picture to a website, such as photobucket. For size you can choose using the edit button above every picture uploaded, you choose 640 x 480 or smaller to post here. Then you click the "IMG" tag below your chosen picture, and just copy that URL straight to your reply window here.

:)

, eventually he lepted it 4ft in the air over scary squiggle and fly bucked all the way down the school :ohmy: I really don't know how I stayed on and Sally said that I can never say I can't ride again as she doesn't know how I didn't go flying :rolleyes: I think it was more luck and fear than skill :laugh:

Well done! I would have been a gibbering wreck - I hate bucks!! :laugh:

Maybe calling him Loki was a mistake......................................................................... :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe calling him Loki was a mistake......................................................................... :laugh: :laugh:

Yes I think I should have called him gibbering wreck :laugh:

I didn't ride on Wednesday because of the weather, and when I rode last night I realised I was nervous, silly how one moment suddenly wipes out all the good things :rolleyes:

He is so spooky at the moment, don't know what is going on, can only hope that moving him in the long term might settle him down. It isn't just a ridden thing he is jumpy / on high alert all the time :(

Ivanov :wub: Are you planning to do some dressage with him in the future Ann?

do you think it might be from all this wind we've been having at the minute? I know we've had a lot of wind up here and esp. the carriage horses driving the bowtops have been quite spooky but thats just when driving obviously.

Hope you get settled into a new yard soon so you are both happy - prehaps with him having less turn out he has more energy to use up looking for scarey monsters and all?

do you think it might be from all this wind we've been having at the minute? I know we've had a lot of wind up here and esp. the carriage horses driving the bowtops have been quite spooky but thats just when driving obviously.

Hope you get settled into a new yard soon so you are both happy - prehaps with him having less turn out he has more energy to use up looking for scarey monsters and all?

Could well be, being our first winter together I guess I am on a learning curve :)

Our grazing in naff as well, so even though he is out for 8 hours a lot of that is spent standing at the gate waiting to come in :rolleyes: I am hoping that if / when I move he will play off his nervous energy as he will have field mates

Of course we could have also reached the dreaded teenage years :ohmy: