UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I thought I would start it off :biggrin:

Although I forgot my camera this morning, but as it wasn't raining I thought I had better take a pic on my phone while I had chance.

Take no notice of that innocent looking face we had just got back from a hack and he was a bugger :laugh: He is looking a bit light beind at the moment with all this tummy trouble we are having but he is definately feeling well in himself.

Everything is going well, he is certainly coming out of himself now and he is finding the joys of spinning and when he can't spin he like to go up :ohmy: but nothing too scary yet and I hope it is just phase, it is only resereved for when he really doesn't like things! Funny though with Bally it bothered me but at the moment it isn't worrying me too much, he is just green and developing mentally so I expect to face these challenges :) I will however be glad when we have worked through it :laugh:

Looking forward to hearing and seeing how everyone else is getting on :)

Dec.jpg

Really Clare - was expecting more than 1! A bit more effort please!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Says she who forgot her camera :rolleyes:

He is looking lovely - how the heck do you keep him so clean?

Glad that he is feeling better - if it it does make your rides a little more challenging! :)

:laugh:

I will try and remember the camera tomorrow :laugh: Although please note I am the only one who has remembered to take a picture so far :D

The new diet was a spectacular failure :ohmy: , it really did not agree with him :( I have had another vet out to look at him who thinks it is not diet related more likely worm damage from early in his life. As he seems well in himself we are going to crack on as normal with him and see what happens so he is back on his hifi and pony nuts and we will see what happens over the next month. At the moment he has good days and bad days as you can see from the telltale staining on his hind leg :rolleyes:

He is only that white due to a turnout rug with neck cover :laugh:

Can those of us who don't own a horse join here? For the past couple of months I have ridden a horse at my work. He is 4 (turning 5 over new years), gelding (thank feck :mellow: ) and bred by my boss.

He is a son of the grey mare with one eye, mother of Duchesse from this year.

Ivan ("Ee-van", short for Ivanov) is Jeckyll and Hide, one minute lazy and sweet and cuddly, the next something spooks him, and you see his true colours, and they ain't always pretty. But so far I've stayed on when he very naughtily bucks in the left hand canter :dry: and also when he decides one corner of the school is full of ghosts, and in 1,08 seconds flat makes it to the opposite end.

my boss helps me with him. I haven't had anyone instruct me for years! It is quite hard work, I am used to older horses now, who do things by themselves, now I have to make an effort. I evne break a sweat sometimes :ohmy: :laugh:

We have been practicing canter from walk the last week, and he really tries so hard! When he gets it right he is so proud of himself :biggrin: He has done it both ways around, such a clever boy :cool:

This is him. I will get my boss to take some piccies of me riding him one of these days. Ohh, and he is now sporting a clipping much like Lokis, and he was SO GOOD at it!! A bucket of yummi food, and he never moved a foot! :biggrin: ...This is a horse with lots of nerve and a mum who is a bit of a fruit-loop. I was so proud of him :wub:

Kopiafjagtkirstineholm02-09-06048.jpg

Kopiafjagtkirstineholm02-09-06053.jpg

Kopiafjagtkirstineholm02-09-06047.jpg

Kopiafjagtkirstineholm02-09-06049.jpg

I would like to add that these pictures are from August, and he is less fat now, but still just a muddy :laugh:

Of course anyone can join in, especially if they have gorgeous pictures like those :)

Hello Ivan, what a lovely looking boy :wub: I am glad I am not the only experiencing the joys of youngsters :biggrin:

How is Bopp Ann, do you still exercise him?

Hello Wanda :wavey: You are looking as fab and gorgeous as every :wub:

Wanda and Ivan look clean too! Life is just so unfair!

Farrier came out today so took some snaps after Rolo had new tootsies attached. He was such a good boy - a bit worried at first bit soon settled - he stood there for nearly 2 hours too - farrier was horrified at what had been done to his feet - it is going to take a while to sort him out.

The "Oh for goodness sake mother, get a shift on" look: :laugh:

2006_1210_152004AA.jpg

and proof that he does have a left side:

2006_1210_152012AA.jpg

and finally:

I did take one from his rear, but his backside is so poor at the moment no self respecting cob would allow it to be posted on a public forum! :laugh:

Sorry, for some unkown reason, 3rd picture would not post - will try here

2006_1210_152044AA.jpg

Edited by Bradders

He is looking better already Bradders :) He has a lovely checky face, I bet he is going to be a right charachter :wub:

I can't get over how different he looks to those first pictures on his advert.

A farrier that comes out on a Sunday how on earth did you manage that!

He is looking better already Bradders :) He has a lovely checky face, I bet he is going to be a right charachter :wub:

I can't get over how different he looks to those first pictures on his advert.

A farrier that comes out on a Sunday how on earth did you manage that!

Bless him - nothing really matches at the moment - looks like a collection of spare parts. :laugh:

Farrier does not normally do Sundays - he had a prang in his van which meant losing a few days so he is working today to catch up.

He is a fantastic farrier though :)

Edited by Bradders

lovely pics of all the horses. :wub: I will try to remember the camera tomorrow to get some half decent pics of a filthy Bailey and a fat George! :biggrin: we are looking for an old friendly pony for the kids to sit on and companion for the other two if anyone knows of one. I have always had rescues in the past but open to suggestions!