UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Welcome Milliemum, Harry is gorgeous, so pleased to hear he is feeling better :flowers:

Great clip Anne, Ivan is so handsome :wub: I am trying to decide whether I need to do Loki again, should do really, just the thought of doing it :rolleyes: He is clipped exactly the same as Ivan :)

• Like 1

Jayne came down to the yard with me this morning and got a couple of piccies of my boys, not great pictures cos it was throwing it down and blowing a gale, will get more later in the week hopefully.

As you can see, Will is now bigger than Apple, he is about 14.2hh at the wither and about 15hh at the bum!! :wub:

appleandwill1.jpg

appleandwill2.jpg

How old is he now? I bet you are itching to get him working?

I think our beautiful coloured foal is going to be sold soon, unfortunately her owner has realised she is just too much work for her! She isn't the most confident rider and has always had sensible horses, Indy is a real credit to her though. She was pretty much wild when she came and now is lovely to handle after only a couple of months. Shame but at least she will reach her potential in a competeing home, she's just too good to be a happy hacker.

I've just had a text....Kane is having a major mad moment in his field...his rug is wrapped round his belly and he won't let anyone near him!!!! Luckily I'm leaving work soon so will have to go and sort him out!!! Lunatic! :wacko:

Will is just coming up to 18 months, so a while til I can do anything with him. Although I have had a roller on him and trotted him out in hand with it on and he didn't bat an eyelid!! (He has learnt to do handstands in the field though so me thinks it might not be so easy to sit on him for the first time!!)

more piccies of horses wot aren't mine

Kenda and Duchesse, how much have they grown!? :ohmy: They are 8½ months old now.

29-2.jpg

Kenda

29-5.jpg

29-12.jpg

Duchesse

29-8.jpg

29-13.jpg

Can anyone remember I told you that Unik (trakehner) looks like a teddy bear x shetland pony at winter? well here is the evidence. He will, in a few weeks time, be clipped for the fourth time since september :mellow: !!!

Look at those ears :wub: :happy:

29-14.jpg

29-16.jpg

Update for the New Year :) Loki has calmed down after his adventures before Christmas, I don't know what caused his erratic behaviour but something upset him

He is working so well, he has learnt to work through his back and I am hoping he should start to strenghen up now, he really is a pleasure to ride, I can not believe how far he has come in a short space of time, he is now very responsive to the seat and leg aids and works into a contact naturally. He is a big baby and the world is a scary place, I hope he will become braver as he grows up :wub:

But I can not fault him in traffic, this morning we came across an ambulance going flat out with lights flashing and he coped really well, oddly he will still stand up on his back legs when we come across tractors but he is getting a bit better, I think this reaction has come about because of YO driving his JCB fast past Loki's stable quite often

Still dying to move yards, this weekend another livery came, she has been allowed to turn her horse out in a decent field which we were told we couldn't use as she didn't want her horses having other horses next door, she has a whole stable to use as her tackroom / feed room and we are squashed into a shed

I could happily over look all that but the worse thing is that now the new horse is out I can not get Loki in or out of his field without YO getting her horse in, I have to text her to say I am coming to get him in and today I had to get YO out of her house to catch her horse so I could put Loki out. May be I am over reacting but it has really p****d me off, I hate not being able to come and go as I please :(

I am starting to consider about moving him to my trainer's yard, it is quite a way from my home and is expensive :ohmy: , but the facilities are fantastic, and it would really help Loki's education. This is it WEC Check out the xcountry course! :jumpy: I have a lesson tomorrow so may have a word.

Anyway enough waffle, how about some pics :biggrin:

I think he is looking better, but I don't seem to be able to capture it on camera :unsure:

Image010.JPG

He is starting to get a bottom, not in cob class yet but a start :laugh: Would help if he was standing straight, but I think he was not amused with his bottom being shown to the world

Image009.JPG

Puddles weren't his favourite thing, but after this wet winter I think we may have cracked it :biggrin:

Now do I shy at the puddle, the rubbish, the shadows or the other puddle

Puddle%201.JPG

I want to put my head down to look but I keep getting a wet face

Puddle%202.JPG

Phew nearly out

Puddle%203.JPG

Happy New Year everyone :flowers:

Loki :wub: Such a gorgeous bottom too. I think he is looking more muscular and a better shape. I can really see Loki doing x-country in the future.

Your current YO sounds more and more dislikeable, driving any vehicle fast past a horse is not nice in my book, regardless of whether they are stabled or not :mad: I don't think you are over reacting at all, I'd be livid in your position. I do think you would enjoy owning Loki more if he was somewhere else but I guess only you know whether you can afford the extra time and money, you could always move him and keep an eye out for somewhere closer to home.

He is a beautiful horse, you made a good choice :flowers:

He looks gorgeous Clare - think his shape has definitely improved. :)

So glad that things are progressing so nicely with him, and that he has got over his wobbly before Christmas.

I love the photos that you have taken from "on board"! How do you keep his mane so white?!

Like the look of that yard - I did not think that it was too expensive, although it did make me realise how cheap mine is! If you do go to look at it, try to meet some of the other liveries - they can make or break a yard in my opinion!

I bet it would not be logn before you started doing some competing if you were there too! :)

Loki is beautiful! He's definately well on his way to a gorgeous cob bottom (okay my friends all find it odd that I love to stand with my head on Kanes bum and give him a cuddle!!! :laugh: ).

I think that yard sounds fantastic! I'd drive miles if it meant Kane had a happy safe and secure home. :wink: I think you should definately consider it. :flowers: :flowers: