UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

It did clear here, not longer after I said there was high cloud.

I got a phone call at about 5.20, from the support radiographer at Weston Park.  She asked lots of questions about how I was feeling, coping etc. and then gave me the details about treatment.  I'll have the CT planning scan at 9.30 on Monday, then an appt with Dr. Sivoglo at 10 ( or later, knowing him!) to sign the consent paper.  Then it will be radiotherapy on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and the following Monday.  All at different times, annoyingly.  Good thing Philip's company are very good about him taking time out to take me there.  I must confess to feeling nervous..ok, mildy petrified.  The woman who phoned remarked on it being my birthday yesterday and said she hoped I had a hangover this morning, a birthday isn't celebrated properly without one! Also said I should use the whole weekend as my birthday weekend and have another drink.  Thought they were meant to try to keep us off the booze, not on it! 🙄

• Like 1

Suzeanna, I was told 2 pints a week..pushed that to 4, during my home imprisonment I lost count of how many pints a week I must have ....my theory is I am knackered anyway, worst case scenario is I will finish myself off a bit quicker...but I will bloody enjoy it!

I think my nan had radiotherapy and I think she said something about her skin and needing to moisturise it a lot...think that's right. Best of luck with it Suzeanna, you can only try, if it's not for you....that's your choice, you can stop at any point

• Like 1

Keep in contact with the GP if you can Jazz, don't let things get too bad.

Yes Griff, I think it does affect the skin.  Rather like a bad sunburn apparently.  

We have an exciting hour planned..going to wash and wax the car! We really live the high life!

Suzeanna I took a friend to radiotherapy every day for quite some time. She said it was a breeze. When she went in the staff were fabulous with her and they'd kid about and joke and make her feel at ease. The only thing I recall her saying is that it made her tired afterwards. This was in the early 2000's so things might be different now but advances usually mean things get even better! Good luck but I don't think you'll need it 👍

How are you doing now Jazz?

Hope everyone else is well and coping.

How are the fosters doing Yantan?

I have nothing interesting to report. Did my roots earlier as my hair was getting distinctly two tone but apart from that have done very little except for potting up some petunias and deadheading the spring plants that have finished. Obviously walked the dogs as well but even they seemed as apathetic as me lol.

You'll need the heating on Sunday Jazz, it's dropping to 8!

I should do my hair Eve, my roots are very noticeable, but they weren't lying when they said treat your hair very gently on the hormone tablets, it's shedding like you wouldn't believe and they say be very careful about colouring it.  Turban, anyone?