UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Bank Holiday is Friday 8th for commemoration of VE day , not Monday. I wonder how many will still think of Monday as Bank Holiday Monday.

Our local cafe is doing takeaway. 

Wetherspoons have said they are  opening in June but later  changed their story

But in a later statement, Mr Martin clarified the company's position on reopening, saying: "We have no insight whatsoever as to when pubs might reopen.

"We've made an assumption, just for planning purposes, that pubs might be allowed to open in late June - but we don't know any more than anyone else."

i don't use McDonalds or Costa so difference there.

Essential  stores in Lakeside have stayed open.   Still no non essential shops open  so no retail therapy yet.

I think it is just confirming the hours  the existing shops  will be open.

Boots are closing some stores to redeploy pharmacists to busier shops.

any queen fans who have been to see we will rock you? at the end of part 1 is the ogre battle, im watching them at hammersmith in 75, they have just played it. I didn't know it was one of their songs. saying that, I don't know all these songs

WE had a chat about waht would happen if the lockdown was still operating at Christmas what would Santa do.  My SIL commented that  Santa would be self isolating as he must be over 70 years. 

After a few minutes grandson replied that he could  get someone else to drive the sleigh and the elves could drop the presents off.

Tonight he has  a   written  a letter to Pepper-his elf on the shelf- saying he hoped that he did not have the virus a d would be able to come at Christmas in December. P.S. I do not have the virus.

Jazz, my husband   was a Queen fan . Queen music was played at his cremation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not planning on having a funeral but if my son goes ahead, against my wishes, and has one I think I know what songs he'd choose. Simply the Best because of our football team and probably Red Red Wine as we both love UB40 and I'm partial to a glass or 2 of wine, albeit white lol.

Love that your grandson is planning ahead and writing to his Elf Blackmagic. Very wise of him to be prepared lol

• Like 1

Missed your post Owl. How exciting about the eggs. Every morning is Dawn Chorus Day in my garden, especially if I've forgotten to fill up the bird feeders the night before and they're waiting on their breakfast

I think our hamster is shell shocked! I was holding him and Candy came to investigate and licked him!  Poor Little Mo, he wasn't expecting it.

I've made my funeral wishes clear and as it would be Philip organising it, my wishes will go ahead. No music required! 

I've left a Letter Of Wishes expressly stating that I do not want a funeral. My family all know and if they go against my wishes I'll be back to haunt them! 

That's excellent forward thinking of your grandson blackmagic 👍

Its dawn chorus here every morning too - and most of the day. I was in the garden the other day talking to my neighbour in hers and we couldn't hear each other for the birds!

oh goody. the strong antibiotics have given me the runs. floors are cleaned up. 

the birds sing in the mornings from the trees. I don't mind that, its when they sit on the fence mocking bindi lol

Same here, no funeral.

Had some entertainment here earlier courtesy of the chuckle brothers next door... and a friend....had it not been for the fact they woke me up I would have found the antics even more funny.

Tried to load furniture into a car whilst stopping the bus from coming through....it was like the blind leading the blind lol...I sent Yantan the video so she could laugh too. The guy hammering on the front door because they weren't there to meet him yet again woke me up and annoyed me