UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Glad to hear sats are ok at present, Jazz. Hoping you don't need to go to hospital.

Nice birthday then really , in spite of everything, Suzeanna :)

Any chance of a photo of the staffies, Yantan?

We went to the reserve and had a lovely time. Wispa couldn't believe it when she saw me getting her harness out. She was so happy. I had to let the band out an inch! She is turning into a podge, needs her regular exercise again. We had a long but relaxed walk along a path where we saw nobody, and she had a play in the stream. I saw redshanks and a yellow wagtail, skylarks, linnets, greylag pair with 10 babies, lapwings. Then straight home. The nearest we got to another walker on the reserve was about 1/4 mile. 

Tomorrow we will stay at home and do gardening, laundry and fishtanks, then maybe back to reserve on Friday.

Sounds as if you had a very interesting walk, birdwise Owl.  Bet Wispa was over the moon to be going out again!

Griff..it's next Monday I go to the hospital for the scan to prepare for my radiotherapy, can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Everyone, make the most of the warm weather.  It's going to drop to 8 on Sunday, and Jon Mitchell even mentioned snow! Any tender plants will need covering up, and I hope no birds have hatched yet or there'll be a shortage of food for them.

Jazz, good news at the moment but do be vigilant.  Don't be afraid to call again if you feel you are getting worse at all.

Had a lovely Chinese takeway, I'm sure she gives us more every time! She says she thinks a lot of the takewaways are planning to reopen soon, not that the ones round here ever closed.  Managed a video chat with my son and the children, although the connection kept breaking up and Jamie (6 year old twin with autism) only managed to tear himself away from Minecraft for a couple of moments. 

I think I need to social media distance as well as social distance. Staying on Refuge though.  I have a limited sense of humour and take life very seriously, and have no tolerance of wind-ups, sarcasm or pranks. Life is too short to make fun of others. 

I think a break from the trolls on social media does everyone good every now and again Owl. I go on some sites for news on things I'm interested in, dog rescue, local news and football mostly, but just ignore the idiots and the irrelevant noise. The Refuge is a safe haven to come to though so I'll be staying on here too. Pleased you had a lovely walk with Wispa today.

Sounds like you managed a lovely birthday Suzeanna. Can't remember the last time I had a takeaway. I think a couple of places here are still doing them but we've not used them.

I only go on sites for missing pets, local village sites, and wildlife, and ignore obvious idiots. What I can't do is tell the difference between someone who wants a polite discussion and someone who just wants to wind me up for fun, mainly because I cannot detect sarcasm.  I did check back on that group today and was heartened to see that others were very much on my side of the debate and expressing themselves much better.  The person had said to me, "I expect you believe that Covid19 is a hoax and the result of 5G" when what he really meant was "I find what you are saying hard to believe".  I could have responded to the latter version, but took the Covid comment at face value because I can't understand sarcasm.

This was on a big cats in Britain site.  Then this guy said it was easy enough to hoax people into believing in big cats, as he had wound up a friend by putting a sheep carcass up a tree, and making him believe there was a panther around. I can understand anyone saying they won't believe the cats are there until they see one, or saying that they would want more evidence.  I hardly believed my own eyes on the 2 occasions that I had good clear sightings and was glad I had a companion who saw the same thing. What I can't understand is someone playing games like that. 

That was good that you managed to see you family on your birthday. We   are in strange times but just have to make the best we can of it.

Owl, some people have a very warped sense of humour. I sometimes find comments or 'jokes' far from funny and sometimes in very bad taste.. I ignore them but usually find others feel the same way and leave comments.

I have not seen a big cat but see no reason why they could not exist.  Other animals survive in the wild. Look at feral cats They do a pretty good job of it.

We know there were  big cats kept as pets at one time and then ownership was restricted.   Where did they all go? 

I also do not understand the people who consider the virus 'just like flu' . On one site someone has reported her friend, who is high up in the NHS,  thinks lockdown should be stopped and we all allowed to go about as normal as 'it is just like flu'.

She obviously doesn't  visit a hospital ward  and see for herself what the front line is really like.

Are you coping okay , jazz

We have had several sightings of big cats here, my old next door neighbours brother saw one about 10minutes walk away from here and Steve's biological father found prints in his garden...that's how I managed to track him down to his new house...tracing him from his old address with the big cat.

Owl...I actually find it quite disturbing that someone would put a sheep's carcass up a tree.....odd individual!

my friend is so lovely, but he has a chart up every day of the deaths, they have all guessed if it will go up or down. I told him I have the virus, I don't want him laughing if im going to die or not. hes still doing it.

had a better night, I was coughing, but the dogs didn't wake me up because id stopped breathing. its bloody scary

Glad you are still with us Jazz.  

Owl, I can cope with sarcasm...I'm just as likely to give it back...but what I can't stand is hypocrisy.  A lot of people round here are nice as pie to someone's face then anything but nice about them behind their backs and I just don't get that.  If I don't like someone I either ignore them or I'm icily polite, I certainly don't act as if they are my best buddy.  

Thought it was supposed to be hotter today than yesterday, but there's quite a bit of high cloud.  Just as well, as I'm going to have to mow the grass at the front before people start thinking big cats are hiding in it!