UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

just spent over an hour on the phone to sky trying to sort out this credit agreement. by the time we gave up, the tech guy was going home. I told them at the start what was happening, sigh. so by the time its sorted it will be next week. ahh well, musnt stress. off to sort the next person......

Mum did a photo book for her friend Maz, she was given it Monday and everyone loved it, mums other friend Kath asked could she have a copy of the photos as she hasn't got any photos of her friends or a nice photo of her so I am off to town to get photos printed, I was intending on staying home and trying to tidy up...oh well!

A friend sent us a Christmas pressie and she's been asking me if we've received it. Anyway last night she WhatsApp'ed me the shipping details and it seems Royal Mail tried to deliver it on Friday last and had left a red card as no one appeared to be home. Well I was at home at the time and we got no red card.

So I go to the sorting office this morning ready to play merry hell. The staff can't find the parcel and there's no entry in the book they use as an extra check to the computer system for it. They then try taking the code and enter into the system and bingo!  - it shows up. More staff come to look again through all the returned-to-depot parcels and finally it's found. Our friend has only gone and put the wrong number on our address! Doh. What's more that number is a second home, which the owners only visit very occasionally, so the red card will still be sitting on their mat

So the box is from our favourite bakers - Betty's Of York - I'm just hoping it doesn't have fresh products in it, like my favourite Fat Rascals, as they won't be very fresh now! We are going to open it tonight when Ruby gets home.

Next door is coming to sit with Tye whilst I get my hair cut this afternoon. He'll be alright if she does nowt but pet him. I've never known a more loving dog.

I'll bet Griff sees a nice dress or a pair of shoes she can't resist whilst she's in town getting those photographs copied :laughingsmiley:

Edited by Yantan
Dementia!
  • Haha 2

rescue is on the 4th person who wants phillip. hes not been advertised on the page, which really would help. this boy is gorgeous, would win shows. lived with all sizes of dogs. mine love him more than bindi. hes not a handbag dog but would fit in one. its going to be hard enough him going, but being strung out doesn't help. Im surprised I haven't had more calls about fostering with all the dogs being thrown out

just had alexa play 'grandma got run over by a reindeer', so funny. 

Edited by Jazz

Anyone who is feeling down wants a laugh and doesn't mind rude language, find Fascinating Aida singing "Dogging".  Philip was nearly in tears with laughter listening to them. There is another they've done but I won't recommend that one, it's extremely bad language.

Philip keeps in touch with the people he used to work with, and a few weeks ago was Skyped by one of his female friends, saying her husband kept having bad headaches and now blackouts and was going for an MRI scan.  She messaged Philip again yesterday, Sean had the results of the scan...a tumour, but until he's seen by the relevant department they wont know if it's benign or not.  She was asking how he/we cope with knowing I have serious health issues and Philip told her all you can do is live life as normal, until the day that it isn't. I think that's the only way to deal with things, so anyone waiting on a diagnosis (Griff) or with family or friends in that position, act as if everything is fine and hopefully you'll find that it is. Thus ends the sermon for today.

• Like 4

Suzeanna I have been a fan of Fascinating Aida for a few years now. Some of their stuff is very rood and shouldn't be listened to if you don't care for bad language. I think it's all the funnier for the ladies being posh. Have you listened to their Irish flights for 50p? 

Tye was unsettled when I went out but was somewhat distracted by his favourite YouTube video from Hallmark - Christmas music with animals by the fireside. He really likes the puppies.

• Like 1

There are some fosters who are hard to let go.  I had one who I adored and really missed,  but she needed to be a close K9 partner to one person, not number 3 in our house. She was adopted by just the right person and turned his life right round. Although not officially a support dog or a guide dog, she managed to become both to an isolated, partially sighted man.  He ended up with lots of friends in his town because she was such a popular and friendly dog.  

Not a fan of rude language so probably wouldn't enjoy the Aida people. I have been sworn at too often, so certain words make me cringe.