UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

We're still all thinking of you Griff and will worry on your behalf. Can't stop that whatever you say lol.

Philip is so right Suzeanna, nowadays the perpetrator seems to have more rights than the victim.

I have all my Christmas presents bought, wrapped and the last one for posting ready to go. It's so not like me and just what am I going to do on Christmas Eve when I usually do my Christmas shopping? Apart from my daughter in laws one of course. Back off to Glasgow tomorrow to hopefully pick up the framed shirt. I'll phone first to make sure they're open!

Honey & Cooper were at the vets today for their boosters and a check on Honey's eye which is still a bit runny at times. She has eyedrops in case it's conjunctivitis but vet couldn't really see anything wrong.

I finished all my Christmas prep yesterday. Got the last of the cards sent, tho I suspect I missed the last post but hopefully they'll still make it in time. Just got to take delivery of the Sainsbury order on Sunday and Ruby is nipping down to Booths, our local supermarket, on Xmas eve morning to pick up our turkey and prepared veg plus a few norty delights that are all on order.

Tye has a shed load of presents and I took delivery of a bulk order of Harringtons for him yesterday. 

Ruby has finished for Christmas today as she doesn't work Friday's and has put a lieu day in for Monday.

I hope Honey's eye will be OK Eve and I also hope you get to pick the framed shirt up without any problems.

Suzeanna I reckon Philip is right about Steve being lucky not to be done for assault. The world we try and function in these days is often off-kilter. 

I've already wished Griff good luck for tomorrow but will say it again here- good luck mate. We'll be thinking of you. 

Dreadfully wet night here. Despite having his nice snuggly, waterproof coat on Tye resolutely refused to budge past the garden gate. He did a long wee and then pulled Ruby back to the front door. We'll probably have something to clean up in the morning. As long as he does it the hall on the cushion floor I can cope. It's easy to clean!

Hope he surprises you and stays clean, Yantan.

I've done most of my shopping, I'm going to cheat and give my son and his wife cash...I usually buy something more interesting, but I've been stuck with buying online as I just can't walk around the shops.  I seem to have done some damage to my arm from my decoration hanging, lymphedema has flared up and my left forearm is now twice the size it should be and it is very painful to put my arm up in the air.  Of course, the best thing to try to calm down the lymphedema is...you got it.  Putting my arm up in the air! If you see a faint blue haze over Derbyshire don't worry, it's just me turning the air blue.

Eve, I imagine the vet ruled out any eyelashes turning in and irritating the eye? 

Edited by suzeanna

Ouch Suzeanna, hope it clears up quickly without too much pain and blue air.

Yes, she thoroughly checked Honey's eyes and couldn't really find anything wrong.

I have earache, haven't had that since I was a child. No idea why it's suddenly appeared but it's very painful.

O.k random old wives take...half an onion roasted and placed in a sock and put against your ear...my mate Colin told me that!

Whilst I am here, salt in a sock and heated in a microwave and placed against the ear..the same effect

Blackcurrant jam..warmed, allowed to cool and gargled..cures a sore throat, things you learn in pubs!! Lol.

Suzeanna, have you looked into Swedish massage, my mum has lymphoedema and her legs reduced so much.

Tye...I wouldn't go out in the rain either....leave a present lol.. just kidding

Awwwwww bless honey, eyes are a bloody nightmare

I have just said to my cousin that if they said to me I can freeze my eggs ...I would need to be free from treatment for 3 months...I would do it and if she runs out of time, she can have my eggs... can't see Steve giving me babies and to be fair I am not going to find someone who will so Hayleigh is desperate for kids so fine by me

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

Griff, that is an amazing thing to offer for your cousin.

Loving all those remedies, at least they made me laugh as I can't sleep. Combination of the eareache, Richard snoring and the dogs deciding they all needed to go out for a wee at 2am. Neurofen will have to do for now as I can't be bothered putting onions in the oven right now lol.

Haven't had a cold Suzeanna but think it might be sinus related so I'll get something to treat that tomorrow and see if that helps. If not I'll roast some onions 😂

I get the feeling Tye is going to have the most wonderful Christmas of his life Yantan. He seems to have given quite a bit of joy back into you and Ruby too, so happy for all three of you.

• Like 2

Tye held on! He scoffed his breakfast, went out for a wee and 5 minutes later was asking to be out again so I knew what was coming. Such a good boy ❤He's just given the most adorable sigh of contentment from his Orvis bed.

You are right about him Eve :) How's Honey's eye and your earache this mmorning.

Suzeanna I hope the arm starts reducing to give you some relief very soon.

• Like 1

You need a hazmat suit Jazz!

Griff, if you were to seriously consider the eggs thing, you would have to make sure it was legally drawn out..I don't think it's like giving someone a pair of your shoes! My daughter in law had her children by IVF, before she had Aidan she went to a London clinic where you could get IVF much more cheaply if you agreed to have a procedure where you developed far more eggs than normal, they harvested them and gave them to other women.  Ironically two women who had her eggs became pregnant and that time, she didn't but it worked the second time.  She was told it was a random process for who was given the eggs, she couldn't stipulate who got them. 

Eve, I sometimes get sinusitis and I found a video which showed you how to use pressure points around your eyes to relieve it and it did help.

www.buzzfeed.com/alexandraaddison/these-8-pressure-points-will-help-you-relieve-congestion  Not sure if it was this one, but very similar anyway.

I remembered the massage techniques and exercise for my arm when I first developed mild lymphedema and spent all evening doing them and they have helped a bit.  It still looks bigger but it doesn't hurt, which is a bonus.  That Swedish massage is very much the same as they use at the lymphedema  clinic Griff, thanks.

Good lad Tye! He must have had a great owner previously and so lucky to have you now Yantan. Did anyone watch the RSCPA at Christmas programme last night? That poor boy Max, a springer in the most dreadful condition? His story had a happy ending too.

do you watch Amanda to the rescue? super scooty is my kind of dog

need the light on today. hope its just dark in here and not my eyes lol

5 years since I lost my Trudy. my opinonated  bullying yorkie who was my soulmate. Had a few friends lost their dog this week. hate christmas

got the hospital letter about my diagnosis of fibro, so that can go to the appeal for my benefits, that change on Christmas eve, will be on less money

asda wont accept responsibility for the dog food that killed katie and nearly killed merlin.not surprised, but will be ringing them now

• Sad 1

I am home, had some horrible tests but it's not ovarian cancer, they can't find a gynaecological reason for the symptoms, so I have some more tests...so good news but I would like to know what's causing the pain and bleeding

Jazz, did your vet take bloods and do a post mortem?? That would show what was the cause of death and they can't argue with that!

• Like 1