UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Archie used to be afraid of flies and would cower at the sight (and sound ) of one. Nowadays they just don't register with him. I had to go out and rescue him again earlier when he stuck his head through the fence to have a neb next door. He just can't remember how to go backwards, which is why he gets stuck in places and things.

We are sitting here awaiting the arrival of Ruby who has been away since last Wednesday. Then we are going to watch the last ever episode of Games Of Thrones which went out last night. We've been avoiding spoilers all day! 

So pleased for you Jazz, and Kevin too of course. Love a happy ending 😁

Aw Archie, glad you got rescued old boy.

Am in Eastbourne at my sisters, drove down yesterday to spend her birthday with her today. We've had a good day out and about with my cousin, and then her son and grandkids came over tonight. Really looking forward to escaping in the morning though and a 500 mile drive in peace and quiet will be bliss lol.

Enjoy GOT Yantan. Never seen it but hear there's a huge petition for them to rewrite and refilm this series as it's so bad?

Edited by eve

My goodness Jazz, that was a cliffhanger. What a relief that the 2 of them will not go back to that man, and Kevin is yours.

First swarm of bees from the hives at the reserve. I missed them by minutes as I went to water the polytunnels and found another volunteer was doing it. So went to other end of reserve for a walk, and then home. Bees must have taken off very soon after I left. They settled in a willow arch and the beekeeper came and boxed them up to transfer to a new hive. I missed all the fun.

• Like 1

I don't mind bees but I think I would keep my distance from a swarm...I know they are peaceful most of the time but with the luck I am having at the minute I bet I would be stung

Jazz, good news for the dogs.... So glad they aren't going to have to be returned

Eve, enjoy your quiet trip home, safe journey

Yantan...I hope GOT was great as it would be awful for it to end on a bad memory

They are usually in a very good mood when swarming having filled their tummies with honey to take to their new home, so less chance of being stung. 

500 miles drive in one day, a marathon. Hope it goes smoothly.

I don't envy Eve that 500 mile drive.  I hope it goes well, no traffic back-up etc..

I thought GofT ended OK. I didn't feel particularly disappointed but I do agree with others that the 6 part series felt rushed. The first series was 10 episodes and the final series would have benefitted from also going to 10.

I would have loved to see the bees swarm!

Morning all

Jazz, good luck

I feel that a lot of program and films now aren't thought out particularly well in regards of duration of series or sequels to films. Take pirates of the Carribbean, in my opinion, the last decent one of those was number 3, all after that seemed to be about making money...the last one was utterly ridiculous and I sat there thinking "thank goodness I didn't pay at the cinema"  same as remakes of older films, I adore Ghostbusters... remember the first time I saw it and they remade it..... Steve watched it, said it was crap but made me watch it, given special effects now compared to the original...I rated the original more and I am very equal opportunities but I just didn't feel the women in the roles did as good a job as the original film actors...moan over lol

I loved, loved, loved the first Pirates film Griff but the second was just OK and I haven't bothered with any of the others. 

I've been to the medical centre to have some blood taken in honour of my upcoming 60th birthday apparently.  I also have the bowel cancer check to look forward too. It took Ruby 3 weeks to summon up the will power to collect a sample and send it off.  I do hope no one is eating whilst reading this! 

Archie was fast asleep when I went out and still there asleep in the same position when I got back. My next door neighbour came out in her garden to do some pruning and tidying so she could listen for him. If he can't find me he howls. 

Going back to Ancestry to get annoyed. My own half-cousin has inputted some family stuff on there and got it all wrong! Mind you she never was terribly bright.