UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Some of the call centre handlers seem to intellectually challenged.

One tried to sell us a mobile phone contract . Jim explained we didn't have a phone as we did not get reception due to a ruddy big hill between us and the mobile mast.

He could not understand this so JIm tried explaining we lived in Scotland where there were big hills.

Eventually, the handlers said ' but you could get it for your visitors who may have a phone'.

JIm pointed out that they could not get a signal either.

He just could not grasp that someone could not have a mobile signal.

Our landline stopped working when the internet was switched on.

Unplug the internet and the phone worked.

JIm spent a hilarious hour on the phone to a guy in India trying to get if fixed.

He was on his mobile by this time.

Handler said to unplug the internet and then tried the landline . When Jim answered he said' your phone is working now'.

Hmm, yes, but we have no internet.

So he said to plug internet in then.

Your internet is working now.

Yes , but the phone isn't

So he repeated the process.

This conversation went on for a hour. I was in stitches listening downstairs while they went round and round in the same circle.

Eventually, he passed the call to someone else who arranged to send us a new hub

The new hub and the landline worked together.

• Like 1

We all know what you're going through Jazz xxx And dogs just know, somehow.

it's

Call centres can't deal with anything if you say something that deviates from their script. Especially ones from abroad that all seem to be called Bob or Jim despite having an Indian accent. And that's not being racist as the ones called Bob or Jim with a British accent can't either.

That phonecall was despicable Yantan. It's unbelievable how low some firms will stoop

Edited by eve
  • Like 2

At least you do have the others Jazz, when Rosie went there was nothing, as Dylan had gone the year before. We couldn't stand it, which is why we had Candy a month later!

I was reading out the tales of call centre woe to Philip..he laughed and agreed, but said as a systems analyst (he works for BT, but not the bit you get if you call about a line problem), you'd be amazed how thick some clients can be. He's endlessly patient with the ones who are completely at sea with computers but the entitled ones who want everything fixed right this minute really annoy him. He says Windows rebuilds take time, as do retrieving lost files etc and having someone bawling haven't you done it yet at you every ten seconds doesn't help. Mind you, years back he was on an account for Schroders bank, and he'd get City traders screaming down the phone at 7.30 because their computers were down and the trading floor was opening soon, he said the language was spectacular at times but they always apologised later.

Another mouse in Triptrap this morning. Besides forcing me to keep kitchen very tidy the meeces get me up and showered and out very early to drive them to the woods. Sending for more of the same traps as can't get them in the shops here

Youse guys :laughingsmiley:

There are a lot of tourists who come here and use their phones to navigate their way up the fells never believing that mobile phone signals are often poor to non existent at the top, or even just part way up. The Mountain Rescue teams are always having to go out to rescue people who really have no bloody business going up the fells in the first place.

I was once on to a phone help line as I couldn't sign into an online account. The girl who answered was completely flawed after she asked which browser I used and I said Opera. She insisted that it had to be either Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari. I said "it's non of them, I am using Opera". She then tried to tell me what she meant by internet browser. I explained I wasn't totally stupid and I knew what a browser was and that the one I use is called Opera. "But I've never heard of it" she exclaimed. I asked her if she hadn't heard of something did that mean it didn't exist? Silence. A few seconds later she hung up on me! I worked the problem out myself.

Ruby's fleet services arranged for a hire car for her and it arrived today. It's a Fiat Tipo. We are very unimpressed with it. They repairers are coming to pick the Audi up tomorrow. The lady on the phone from the repairers couldn't believe they were having the car in again! Apparently the driver of the HGV is trying to get himself out of trouble by lying about what happened :ohno02:

Can you put an appeal in the local papers for witnesses, Yantan? Just because Ruby didn't have a working dashcam doesn't rule out someone else having one that could back her up?

Do you watch Canal Journeys on Sundays at all? They were in Kendal, apparently Prunella went to school there as an evacuee. It looks beautiful round there, but I know you wish it wasn't quite so much of a tourist magnet!

I am quite sure no meeces hopped into the car for the return journey, and Bawtry woods are too far away for them to return by themselves. We just seem to have a generous supply of them and not many local cats. I think they would sooner stay in the woods as I leave them near a layby where people park up and eat chips and leave food waste.

Suzeanna I've seen some episodes of Canal Journeys but not that particular one. Although Kendal is in Cumbria it's not in the Lake District so they don't get overwhelmed with tourists. Formerly it was part of the county of Westmorland It's a nice town but a nightmare to drive round with it's one way system.

Neighour with the broken arm has arrived home from a stay at her daughters. She is looking well. She has had us all telling her not to go carrying things up and down the stairs now she is one armed as the broken arm is in a sling.

It doesn't seem to be just HGV drivers who deny liability for accidents. On the motoring forums there are constantly complaints about drivers admitting fault at the scene but then giving totally different versions to their insurance company.

Our car was hit by HGV when parked. He was overtaking us and ducked back it too soon.His trailer got wedged in the side of our car.

JIm took photos of the vehicles jammed together, the registration number of the lorry and of the driver and his mate as they reversed the HGV back.

The driver would only give us contact details for someone at the company. We passed all that onto the insurance company.

After seeing the photos the insurance company said it was obvious we were not at fault and had legal cover so passed us to a claims company.

They took out insurance to protect our excess and supplied a courtesy car.

Our insurance company got the insurance details for the company but they ( the company) would not reply to their insurance company or report the accident so they refused to pay out.

The case eventually went to court and the claims company got a warrant for payment against them.

We were paid our excess ( our only out of pocket expense) from the claims company's insurance policy.

If you don't have any other camera one of the little instant ones kept in the glove compartment is a good idea.

Claims companies get a lot of bad press now but ours certainly saved us a lot of hassle.

People also go into the mountains up here relying on their mobile phone.

One recently didn't know where he was . A helicopter eventually managed to find him by him flashing the light on his phone.

The weather is fine at ground level but changes very quickly up in the mountains and people go out dressed for a Sunday stroll.

It also gets dark in early afternoon in winter and they get caught out, especially as it is black dark when the light goes and gets freezing cold.

It is very difficult not to carry things when you need to. It is easy to say I will be okay, I will be careful.

• Like 1