UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Happy to help Owl, just give me a shout. I only have access to Ancestry during free access periods though. I can find stuff via other sites.

No worries Suzeanna, though I could not stand not knowing about my family. I know some of my ancestors better than present day family members :laugh: Enjoy your music :flowers:

My cousin is researching my dad's side of the family. Some of it is a dead end as my Granny was from Ireland and a lot of records were destroyed in a fire. She also hit a dead end with my Grandad as though his ancestors were from Northern Ireland she lost trace of them. I remember my Dad telling me they moved to Newcastle before moving up to Glasgow so she has another avenue to check out now. Sometimes it's little bits of knowledge that give you the next lead. It's fascinating and I'm lucky in that my mum and dad saved a lot of birth and death certificates. I have my Grandad's (on my mother's side) original birth certificate which showed he was illegitimate and fathered by a police officer on the Isle of Islay. A big scandal back in the day.

When my nan was diagnosed with terminal cancer, she hired someone to do the family tree...I have no idea why but she wanted to...same as Eve, we got as far back as being in avoca then a fire destroyed the records in the parish church and it was before copies were kept elsewhere...it doesn't bother me as I don't have any need to find where I came from but for my brother and mums cousin they were disappointed

I replaced my TV box thingy for films, I now have 3 working ones..lol. I did Google the problem but there wasn't a resolution...now there is, ahhhh well, one for my room, one for my parents and one for the lounge lol

ive had to make the decision. jerry is at the vets monday for the last time. shes not been right since the fits, and is fading. shes ok for so long but that's getting less. shes lay here shaking. I love her too much to let her suffer. the dogs are treating her differently, especially mouse, her best mate. they know

my hearts breaking, thinking she will be ok, but shes not. shes had enough

So sorry Jazz. I know she is very special to you. We will be thinking of you xx

Wispa at vet late Monday morning. They always give us a late appointment and let us in through the side door. Her voice has almost completely gone so something must be very wrong. It can't be a throat infection as she is otherwise feeling very fit and happy. Worried in case it is collapsed trachea.

Very sorry about Jerry.

Wispa at vet late Monday morning. They always give us a late appointment and let us in through the side door. Her voice has almost completely gone so something must be very wrong. It can't be a throat infection as she is otherwise feeling very fit and happy. Worried in case it is collapsed trachea.

Good thoughts for Wispa.

• Like 1