UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

my friend just asked if i use all this stuff i win. well, just done 2 washes where hugo has weed all over the sofas. more washing needed, and when my stomachs bad i can use 3 toilet rolls a day. some stuff has already been given away and will go in rescue fundraisers

im running out of eye drops, and no repeat prescription has been done.so calls to make

Hope it's not that long to wait, Jazz. How long would you be in hospital, and who will have the dogs when you are?

Our built in double oven, which was at least 15 years old, is rapidly giving up the ghost so we've ordered a new one. Only available online so I've only seen a picture, what's the betting I hate it when I see it in the flesh, so to speak?

Thanks for adding me to the group Jazz. Now just have to work out how to pay for a bid lol. Did you get your eye drops sorted?

Fingers crossed you love the cooker when it arrives Suzeanna. Though functional is more important. I've got a beautiful blue Range cooker which I absolutely love the look of - but the oven is hit and miss so dinners are of varying edibility (is that a word?) The ancient cooker that was in the house when we moved in was more reliable than my new one. But at least it looks impressive lol.

I love my black range cooker. It's got electric ovens and grill and 5 gas burners on top. When we move house the chances of finding somewhere with a kitchen big enough to take it AND our big American fridge freezer will be iffy I reckon.

Archie and I have had a walk around the streets and back lanes where he enjoyed much sniffing. He was happy to run into Buster from the garage around the corner. They did some wandering together before Buster decided to invite Archie back to his house behind the garage and I had to go trespassing to bring Archie back. Buster's dad, standing in the garage having a word with the lads, just laughed and said Archie was welcome to stay for a play date. I had to decline as Archie had enough exercise.

Has anyone with Netflix been watching the second series of The Making Of A Murderer? I find it all fascinating.

• Like 1

We don't have Netflix...is it very expensive? Must confess to not really watching a lot of tv, usually the vet or travel programmes. I hate the idea of the reality ones and I don't have the staying power for stuff like Game of Thrones. I have just entered a free draw thing to win a 60inch tv though...it might just about fit in the living room if I win it!

Mouse war continues. I set the big trap but mouse went in, ate bait and got out, presumably by standing on its ickle hind legs and pulling the springy entrance ramp down. Tonight I will try standing the trap on its end, which is how it was stored when the other mouse fell into it.

• Like 2

Afternoon all

Popped to town to get some bits,was meeting Steve on his break, I got a call off him and he had been in an incident...I am very proud of him... someone got on the bus and their ticket was obviously out of date, he asked to see the ticket properly and got a load of attitude, the lad went upstairs and Steve followed, he said to be the lad to show the ticket properly...if in date no probs if not the bus wasn't going anywhere, the lad started threatening Steve and then SPAT in his face!!! Steve was about to batter him but stopped himself and said he wasn't going to lose his job over him. I am so chuffed that he managed to stop and think... even though if he had belted the dirty little gett I would have completely understood...so instead of sitting at home chilling out later, I have to go all the way to his house to fill in the incident reports for him and he has to call the police when he gets in.

• Like 1