UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

My day did not go as planned. I had a message from someone who had been out on a dog search with me and Wispa a few years ago, asking for help with a 9 week old pup who had escaped through fence and legged it. Although we are supposed to be retired, this was only 15 miles away and I reckoned the pup would not have gone far. So off we went, Wispa wearing a coat for the first time this year as it was bitterly cold. Wispa tracked from the play park and green area with bushes and undergrowth which backed on to their garden, but insisted pup was no longer in the green area and had headed up into an estate on the opposite side. She was working only air scent and bits of scent stuck to hedges and fences. No ground scent at all, so I decided pup may have been carried. She led us to a row of houses but then lost scent. I told owner that she needed to leaflet this area.

Not long after we got home, we had a call to say that a lady had picked up the pup in the park and taken her to warm up in her home ... which was in the row of houses where Wispa stopped. Nice work, tracking a dog which was in someone's arms.

• Like 2

Well done Owl and Wispa

My great uncle had dementia and it was horrible to see, my grandad had it briefly before he died... related to his heart probs, he was terrified of my nan and me aged 9 and my brother aged 10 were the only ones able to get him back into bed and settle him. With dementia you lose the person twice...once the dementia takes them and then you finally lose them and have to grieve all over again ( just my opinion)

• Like 1

the doctor from the royal free that comes to my hospital knew what it was, he was going to do the injection into the base of my brain, but the other doctor said he wanted a 2nd opinion first, which hasnt happened. this lady said when i fell ive made the nerve pain worse shes sending me a letter to show the doctor. oo shes ringing on the 6th ill tell her then

hugo woke me up bang on the new 8am

It's good the pups are doing well but I don't think it will stop her breeding. She is breeding non recognised coloured pups( lilac) and no doubt can ask silly money for a 'rare' colour. This is not her first litter from what has been said on facebook.

Maybe she will realise advertising that you have a litter of pups on an open facebook page is not a good idea.

It is cold today- -1 last night - but the sun is shining. There was a dusting of snow yesterday morning but it soon melted in the following drizzle.

What Wispa did tracking that pup is quite something Owl.

Hope you have all remembered to change your clocks

I just read blackmagic's last line as "hope you all remembered to change your socks" and spent a few seconds puzzling it. Doh!

Archie had me up 3 times through the night but one wake up came too late as I discovered he'd already had a whizz,

I hope they can do something for you Jazz - once there is a consensus of opinion.

• Like 1

Cooper is the food moniter in this house. He didn't get the clocks going back memo so everything is an hour out of sync today. He's such a whinger lol

I know most of you aren't into football but the tragedy at Leicester City transcends the actual game. So sad