UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

I am finding it warm here despite the wind and rain Owl.

Griff it wouldn't be so bad if he would use George's steps or the foot stool but he won't. He has started accepting a bump up but we aren't down here through the night to help.

I've started my Christmas shopping. I've ordered some handmade dangly mince pie earrings for my Christmas daft friend. Now I just need something for everyone else on my list!

I have nearly finished my Christmas shopping although Steve did announce yesterday that he was sure there would be a game he wanted at Christmas

I allow my dogs anywhere in the house, they are allowed on the bed but at night time they go in their crates, Kota just fidgets and messes about so not having that!

what a night!

merlin couldnt get comfy, then messed on the floor, so got him in the garden, forgot to pick hugo up so he wouldnt come out of the living room. eventually did so i got to shut the door ill wash the sofa cushions in a minute. they wanted out about 7, then was coughing so much I was sick. ill wash the bedding in a minute, then the dogs had a fight!

hoping the rest of the week isn't the same!

Heck Jazz, I hope the rest of the day is more peaceful.

I was up twice through the night with Archie wanting to go out.

Tis cold here today. Archie has gone out with Ruby for his walk and is all wrapped up in his Equafleece coat.

I got the offer of a speed awareness course in this morning's post - it's that or a £100 fine and 3 points so no contest!

I'm booked on the 15th November in Penrith. It cost £92. I've heard varying things about the speed awareness course from people I know who have been on one. One friend said it was 4 hours she'd never get back, another said they found it informative and thought provoking, yet another said it was "OK, not great, but not totally useless either". I will go with an open mind and try and get all I can out of it.

I found mine informative but others have found it tedious. Depends where you go and what the instructors are like.

Mouse problem now very annoying. I have blocked all the entry points I can get to including where water pipe comes into kitchen. They thumb their tiny noses at the electronic thing. I need to research other trap designs. Still field mice, not house mice. There is nothing they can get at to eat, they just frolic round the kitchen because it is warm and dry. Totally fed up with them and going through lots of kitchen towel and antibacterial surface cleaner. I wish Wispa did not hold such strong views on cats.

• Like 1

Cat litter might be an idea except that the access points are in the back of some of the cupboards which have not been fitted very well. The norty things have got into my pan cupboard so it means that all pans have to be washed before use. They have eaten an oven glove! I am going to see if Pete who does all the repairs for me can find a way of blocking off the gaps at back of cupboards.