UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

Hope your steroids soon do the trick. Great news about Champ, I honestly think people who deliberately starve an animal of any sort should be kept locked up for the same length of time as they had the animal and given the bare necessity to keep them alive, see how they like it.

My platelet count has come back down again so no need to change the meds at all, thank goodness. My thyroid results were a bit low apparently, but not low enough to warrant increasing the meds for that so I'm good to go for another three months.

It's not raining that hard here, but it's blowing a gale! My daughter has friends who visit Alonissos in the summer but actually live in Florida and she can't contact them, she's hoping they are ok.

• Like 1

That's not bad results Suzeanna, thank goodness.

I think it's probably down to the communication networks being down in Florida rather than anything else. At least I hope so.

It's chucking it down here and all Archie wants to do is go out to stand at the gate like a plank.

the wind is strong, but im still in a tshirt with the doors open.

the lady who was going to walk the dogs with me every day, i havent heard from for a week. ive knocked but not answered the door (she was there) oh well. its got me walking them every day when i can.

ooo lights flickered then! i have no candles

Archie, you are a plank, says Wispa.

I didn't want to go far today because of the wind but Wispa wanted to go out. So I just drove to the village sports field and recreation ground next to some waste land. Normally we would not go there as too many offlead dogs, but today everyone else was taking theirs for a quick stroll round the block and no further. We had the place to ourselves except for one other walker with dog over the other side of the field. Then got fuel and shopping and back home.

Good results, Suzeanna.

• Like 1

Candy didn't go to the park today..too windy..but yesterday afternoon we'd just got her out of the car and chasing her ball when a young lab mix came charging up, nearly bowled her over and scared her. Philip said that's it, that's the third time that dog has been here and done that so he shouted at the two young women who were strolling casually along to please get their dog under control. You should have seen the dirty looks he got! It was for their dogs benefit as well as Candy's as one day it might do that to a bigger dog who will not take it well, and it will end up being bitten. Very nice friendly dog, but if it ignores them (which it does) it should be onlead.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, Kota has a gold KC good citizen award, 4 years of training and she is manageable mental... tonight I let her of the lead and she rolled in something, she came when called and when I went to click the lead on..she shot off, when she eventually came back...after the third time of trying I chucked her onlead and that's where she stayed... can't be trusted to do as she is told then no off lead time...I don't think people realise that their dogs can cause another to lose confidence

• Like 1

My deagan isn't too sure of life, she has a silver KC...we have worked very very hard with her, we were up the field & two boisterous labs came flying over...I left her for a moment but she was terrified so me... crutches and all lifted her, that dog was so scared she actually pooped all over me!! The owner said "it's o.k..they are friendly"...I did my nut, how the hell does her dogs running over doing as they please scaring... quite literally the crap out of another dog be o.k to her? My dogs...we see a dog we don't know, back onlead until we check the owner would like to try their doggy

• Like 1

Archie would have made that young dog regret the lack of manners. He is perfectly pleasant with other dogs if they are polite with him but dawg help them if they are not! Ruby and I are both sick of telling other dog owners to please recall their dogs as they are bothering our senior dog and he is about to ready to teach their dog/s a lesson. We usually get a standard response of "they are only wanting to play". We find it's usually one of two responses that we give: "but mine is old and doesn't want too play and they are bothering him" or "no they are not playing actually, they are trying to dominate mine". It's surprising how many owners there are that cannot read a dogs body language.

It's filthy wet weather here and we have flood warnings out.

The steroids have had a surprising side effect - they are really helping my sore leg! My breathing is improving too and I got a reasonably good nights sleep. Yay!

couldnt live without steroids! ok they have eaten the bones in my hands and feet, but still need them

ive just won washing liquid, softener and something else. very happy. my friend who I added the other day has won biscuits on her first go

• Like 1

Champ has gone to his new home! There was a long list of people applying to adopt him and the rescue were very careful in their vetting process. After coming to meet Champ a couple of times his new parents came and took him home yesterday. They are within a reasonable driving distance of his foster parents so there will be trips made back and forth to keep in touch,

• Like 2

We've splashed out and bought Archie an Orvis orthopaedic bed. We are hoping he will find it comfortable enough to lie in it all the time and not try and get on his sofa, which is getting harder and harder for him.

It has yet to stop raining here. Properties near the river have been warned to sandbag if they haven't installed flood barriers. I think most of them did after the last big floods.

• Like 1

It's hard isn't it Yantan...Dex cat has a sweet tub next to a step so he can still climb on the coffee table, until a couple of months ago it was just a step but it became too much for him in one step so we added a haroes chocolate pot as a little step and he is very happy

• Like 2