UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

You can get all sorts of different shaped boxes for those bikes. We saw lots of different ones when we were in Copenhagen with owners taking their dogs across the city to the park, parents taking their children to school, or both dogs and kids together, babies all wrapped up snug and sound asleep as they were transported, we saw one lady transporting an older lady, who took to be her mother, in a very comfortable looking box with a seat and open front but with a pull over hood and cover.

We should have them here but I think the way we interpret elf and safety laws might be what puts the kibosh on them.

Jazz yes that would be good wouldn't it - a box on your mobility scooter would be handy for taking the dogs out with you.

No I didn't see The Audition, in fact I have never heard of it. Anyone know if it is on catch-up anywhere?

Ruby goes back to work tomorrow but on a phased return so she is only doing 10am - 3pm 3 days a week for the first couple of weeks.

Nipped up to Steve's this afternoon, saw his crazy ex and her new fella... lol, their filthy looks are pathetic! I swear my kitty gives me better dirty looks

When I was leaving, I walked out, Steve always stands at the door and Molly just mooches in the garden, never goes anywhere just a sniff and back in, today...nope! I heard Steve whistle and looked round to find Molly trotting up the road with me lol, as soon as Steve whistled she went home but she is so confident with me now, she used to run after Steve constantly if he went out the room, now she follows me around.

On the bus home, some dirty old perv was staring at my legs, he as sat next to me and he kept looking and then said are you not cold? I said no and he then grabbed my hand... ewwww, luckily he got off the bus or I would have told him to do one...I had my denim pinafore and black tights on so gawd knows what was so interesting

Lol...yep, bus journeys here seem to be like roulette, you either get a drunk, a perv, someone who stinks or a moaner, whoever invented the MP3 player is a life saver! As for the looks from her and him...I find it funny, doesn't bother me, same as the silent phone calls. I did think it was dead cute Molly following me

Still getting the occasional little visitor but they do seem to be put off by the electronic anti mouse thingy.

Having a lazy day as we went to track a doglet on a RSPB reserve near Castleford yesterday. Wispa tracked very well and in spite of the crazy trail left by a JRT x pug beetling around all over the place, she found the freshest scent which led off the reserve and towards a couple of villages. We had to stop at that point as I decided she had done enough, plus the trail was alongside a fast road and she was getting distracted by the cars and mentally frazzled. Just as we called a halt, the dog's owner got a message that the dog had been seen the previous evening in one of the villages.

• Like 2

I went for my mammogram this morning at The West Cumbria Hospital. It's a bloomin good job I set off 50 minutes earlier than the expected 40/45 minute it normally takes as I suspected that works traffic might slow me up. When I got to Cockermouth the A66 had been closed due to an accident - apparently a very nasty one - so I had to go to Maryport and up the coast road which has a 40mph limit. My appointment was for 9.30 and I parked up at 9.26. However by the time I made it to the screening department I was almost 10 minutes late. Obviously other people had been held up so they knew all about it and they were very understanding.

Fortunately the route home was shorter as the police directed traffic along a B road running in the same direction as the A66. It took an hour and 20 mins to get there but 50 mins to get home.

It's very windy here but not a bit cold.

Good job you did leave early Yantan! There's been 2 deaths on one road here in a week, 2 hit and runs in 2days..one fatal, a 17 killed on his bike and people got locked in the Sainsbury's local as there were 40 people running round with knives...the world has gone truly mad!

Griff I don't what's gone wrong with society but even here in our small town we have had a number of stabbings, even a shooting and someone got glassed in the main street last week. I think in part it might be down to the reduction in police coverage. We no longer have a police station and only 1 officer assigned permanently in town.

Apparently a 19 year old girl was killed in that accident this morning. So sad.

I think it is very much due to reduction in police coverage. We are lucky enough to have a police station and more police than most as it is handy for the A1 so we have motorway police as well. Even so, there are not enough to deal with the amount of lawbreaking which goes on.

I am inclined to put a lot of the violence down to drink and/or drugs. Everywhere seems to be awash with the stuff. A dog in my pointer group has just been discharged from the vet after being rushed in last night because he was confused and wobbly and on another planet. Vet thinks he found cannabis in the park and ate it.

In my area there are major problems with "spice".

• Like 1