UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

I read something a few days ago about there being a plague of a particular kind of ladybird but didn't take it all in. I wonder if it's the biting sort?

My espresso maker gave up the ghost the other day. It was only a cheapie, less than £30, but made excellent coffee. Unfortunately its no longer in production. I ordered another cheapie for £42 but when it arrived it had no extra packaging other than the makers box, which wasn't sealed and looked like someone had been into it. The filter and instructions were missing. I got it through Amazon so sent it back. I'm reluctant to order another of the same make in case its sent out in the same condition.

Does anyone here have a coffee maker that takes pods and if so what do you think of them?

Only drink tea..so no help I'm afraid. I think the ladybirds are harlequins? I know they kill the native ones..but I think all ladybirds can bite. Maybe you got one in a bad mood?

Green bins were emptied today, but when I went to take ours back in it was still half full! Philip heavily pruned a very spiky shrub thing and pushed everything down tightly, obviously a bit too tightly! I phoned the council and she said just leave it outside and they'll come and do it again, but it might not be today. I have a helpful neighbour who pushes my bins back to the side door if he's home, just hope he isn't home at the moment.

Haemotology tomorrow. Last time my platelet count had gone up and they were debating whether to increase the chemo tablets but decided to leave them. Hope it's ok tomorrow, all but one of my fingernails has now split (vertically, not horizontally) and more and more hair is coming out when I comb it. I know the nails are chemo related, think the hair is Letrozole. Think I'll become a Muslim then I can wear a burka and hide from the world!

I've often thought that a hijab would be great for bad hair days. Hope your haematology appointment goes OK tomorrow Suzanna. You know we will all be here rooting for you :flowers:

I've just had a community alert about Storm Callum coming this way tomorrow. Wonderful.

I'm seeing my GP in the morning as I have been so breathless since I had that cold and chesty cough a few weeks back. My asthma sprays aren't helping and it's impacting on my ability to get out and about.

On the hair subject, I have taken to wearing a tubular scarf bandanna thingy to cover mine. The tracks on the reserve are limestone and I end up with dust in my hair. I don't know if I mentioned here but covering my hair also gets me better treatment as a driver. My auntie always coloured her hair until she gave up driving because she said some drivers hassle silver haired old ladies, and I am afraid she was right. Sitting on your bumper and flashing lights and hooting because you dare to drive at 29 in a 30 zone, that kind of thing.

It's the same when you drive a little car like my Panda. Some drivers cannot bear to be behind me even when I am doing the speed limit. When I had my 2.0 Volvo estate I didn't get overtaken as much even though I was still keeping to the speed limit. That's a good tip though Owl for when I lose my colour (it is fading fast)

It's been seriously chucking it down here today.

Yeah I think I'll probably get steroids Griff. I've had them in the past when this has occurred. I should have gone a couple of weeks ago really.

Archie has been having trouble getting on his sofa but for the first time he's accepting help from us. I don't know if that's a good or a bad sign.

Hope Lewis makes it ok and Betty soon finds a home, Jazz.

Owl, I think it's the fact you are a woman as much as the hair colour! I drive a Micra..not one of the really small ones..and it's amazing the number of male drivers who bust a gut to get past and shoot you a Ha! look as they do. I bide my time when driving through Chesterfield until we get to the traffic lights with two lanes going forward, make sure I'm alongside Mr. Cleverclogs then floor it and I always leave them standing as they don't expect it!

Could be, but definitely worse when I went silver.

Night before last I forgot to put anti meece thingy on. It has to use same socket as the halogen oven and I usually remember to plug it back in when I have finished with oven. Field mice had a total rave. There was no food they could get but they were everywhere. They got into a little dish I have for odd screws and bolts and chucked them about. Very strange.

I hope you will be OK if your under the path of the bad weather that's to come.

I got steroids from the doctor. My oxygen levels were down and my heart rate was up. BP fine though.

Ruby has had Archie out to the wood at the top of our road. The sky has gone black so they were lucky to get there and back whilst it was still fair.

News on Champ, the dog that was deliberately starved, he has now almost doubled his body weight and is looking fantastic. He's full of pep and enjoying life in his foster home. He loves going to the vets where they all make a big fuss of him.

• Like 1