UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

In our city, at 1 point at night, there are 2 police to cover the whole of the city.. that's from a copper herself! We have always had a city of violence reputation, I believe we were known as the most violent city in Europe at one point and I firmly believe it's the lack of discipline that's at the heart of the matter, if I had gone out and got onto spice or cannabis...and that was readily available when I was a kid, my parents would have literally skinned me alive, I think even if I did it now I would be in deep trouble! There's no consequences to actions anymore, you give your kid a clip round the ear and social services are on your case

• Like 1

I have noticed more and more druggies hanging around in Chesterfield, you can spot them a mile off, but we don't seem to have the violence that Sheffield has, thank goodness. I must admit I do worry about my oldest grandson, he's 10 in January so in the not too distant future he'll be going to secondary school. When I was at the Grammar, the worst we did was smoke in the far corners of the playing field, but now it seems drugs are far too easily available, even sold at school gates in some places.

• Like 1

That'll keep you going for a while Jazz.

Drugs are a big part of society's problems. I've seen dealers standing outside our local comprehensive bold as brass. This was a few years back and the then headmaster refused to acknowledge the school had a problem. Whilst he was still a pupil there one of my nephews told me a lot of parents would get a big surprise if they really knew what their little darlings were into. I'd hate to be the parent of teenagers these days.

It's a lovely day here today. Archie and I have been for a walk on the old railway. He went down a very steep bank. I am not sure if it was by accident or design but I was really worried he wouldn't be able to get back up but he did. Phew!

Lovely warm day for the open day at Muddy Fork, the gardening and mental health charity attached to our reserve for which I water polytunnels and beds if no one else available. Lots of people attended from local community groups and mental health services. I wore a short sleeved pale green polo shirt and got bitten quite sharply by a ladybird. It must have thought I was the biggest aphid ever, but with a disappointing taste.

• Like 1

Ooooo never been bitten by a ladybird.. thankfully!!

I have a new purse as mine was falling to bits, from my mum and dad, Steve has 2 litres of Cointreau but I am only giving him one, he can have the other for Christmas, the dogs have got these screeching monkey toys!!! They are awful, sooooooo noisy

Yay for the loo rolls Jazz. Well done. Agree with you re Zooplus. Love them. Great prices and really quick delivery. We don't get free delivery though as our postcode is deemed Highland and Islands even though we're neither. Still prefer them though to anyone else. Hope the foster is settling in well - what flavour is it?

Never been bitten by a ladybird either that I know of. Didn't even know thye could bite.

Going to Eastbourne tomorrow to see my sister and Dad. He went back into hospital today after having another 'turn' so not sure where I'm visiting him yet lol.