UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Owl, I agree, just be you. I totally empathise with how you feel. I don't think I have Aspergers or any particular condition (though I suppose I might) but I am painfully shy, a social misfit, have no friends but have come to terms with who I am now. I have no small talk whatsoever, unless it involves dogs or football then I can talk all day lol.

Ha ha Griff - told you Steve wouldn't stop talking to you. He still needs you fighting his corner by the sound of it.

Glad you have found the right nightcap Suzeanna. A little of what you fancy does you good.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Have a lovely evening xx

Eve....babe, you have friends... each of us here, if you do WhatsApp or want me to messenger you I will. I was the odd one out at school that nobody ever got, I was the one who wanted to join the army.....and I have never told this to anyone except who are here.....at the leavers ball I was apparently voted most likely to become a hgv driver....I ended up a mechanic with people chasing to employ me...I think the fact I qualified as a mechanic was an achievement!!

I do love and care for each and all of you and to be fair....I dislike most of my family 😂

• Like 1

morning all

still no one wants the foster. such a shame, shes lovely. luna gets a playmate for a bit longer.

we haven't got a heatwave, just rain on and off. every time I put my shoes on to take these it rains lol

have a safe dry day. I love each and every one of you xxxx

Eve, I think there are more like you than you may imagine! Me for one! I don't have friends..apart from online ones..since we left the dog showing/obedience scenes, those I did count really as friends were older than me and sadly no longer with us. I'm not a "joiner", never have been. I did go to adult education classes some time back, pottery and making faux Faberge eggs, but the arthritis in my fingers has put paid to that. The idea of book clubs or rambling clubs make me shudder! On the odd occasions I go on the bus into Chesterfield I'm always stunned by the banal conversations going on around me, especially the people who say the same thing, over and over and over again. I swear I was ready to strangle one woman if she'd told her companion about "our Nigel mending the tele for me" once more. Then you read about people who have had a friend for umpteen years who suddenly cuts off all contact for no apparent reason, leaving the dumpee bewildered and upset. Better off with our dogs, in my opinion. They only hurt us when they die, and they can't help that.

• Like 4

Poor Archie is having a morning of it with his acid reflux. He was crying at one point so I decided to give him an extra dose of his medicine. I could hear his tummy gurgling and I know when it gets loud like that that the acid is really giving him grief. He can't settle and is wandering in and out. The 2nd dose should help it settle if he can keep it down, he's been retching with it, and it should take effect in another 15 minutes or so. Fingers crossed.

Oh lord, poor Archie! Can dogs get h pylori? Philip used to get awful pains in his stomach, acid reflux etc. The GP said it was a stomach ulcer but he wasn't convinced, various tests later turned out he had heliobacter pylori. A week of two different antibiotics and it went and has never come back, although recently he has been popping Rennies. He said it doesn't feel the same though.

Yantan, I was looking for an ecard to send to Ruby (well, to you to pass on) but I can't find a suitable one, so just please pass on my very best wishes for a successful surgery, a quick recovery, and nothing to worry about in the future. I know she'll be getting tense about it now it's looming, but honestly once it all starts happening, it's over before you know it.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 2

Will do Suzeanna. She is getting jumpy but also relieved that finally she will be getting rid of the kidney and tumour. She wants to go to Newcastle on the train now to give her something to think about and take her mind off the surgery, rather than just sitting in the car pondering. Thinking about which train, correct platform, where to get a taxi etc. & being able to use her laptop on the train is far more preferable to her so I think that's what will happen. I shall just take her to Carlisle station although I have told her I have no problem taking her direct to the hotel if she changes her mind.

Archie has settled, thank dawg. He is sleeping peacefully. I don't know about the h pylori. Archie has had the acid reflux all the time he's been with us. I first took him to the vet with it days after he first arrived. It's just been the worst its ever been this last year or so. I recall the vet telling us when Arch was a pup that it was something that could get progressively worse as he aged. He has been put on antibiotics before when it's been really bad and had antibiotic jabs but the vets have never mentioned h pylori. I shall go and look it up!

Eve....babe, you have friends... each of us here, if you do WhatsApp or want me to messenger you I will. I was the odd one out at school that nobody ever got, I was the one who wanted to join the army.....and I have never told this to anyone except who are here.....at the leavers ball I was apparently voted most likely to become a hgv driver....I ended up a mechanic with people chasing to employ me...I think the fact I qualified as a mechanic was an achievement!!

I do love and care for each and all of you and to be fair....I dislike most of my family

Thank you Griff, and I do consider you all my friends. I wasn't saying it in a 'woe is me' kind of way. I'm happy in my own little world lol. At least no one can burst my bubble

morning all

still no one wants the foster. such a shame, shes lovely. luna gets a playmate for a bit longer.

we haven't got a heatwave, just rain on and off. every time I put my shoes on to take these it rains lol

have a safe dry day. I love each and every one of you xxxx

We've had that kind of day too Jazz. Took Cooper out around 7 and it was lovely and sunny. Went out with Nick about half 8 and the heavens opened when we were halfway round our walk. Got totally soaked. Honey wouldn't even set foot outside the door when she saw the rain lol. Sunny now though and mostly dry days ahead.

Eve, I think there are more like you than you may imagine! Me for one! I don't have friends..apart from online ones..since we left the dog showing/obedience scenes, those I did count really as friends were older than me and sadly no longer with us. I'm not a "joiner", never have been. I did go to adult education classes some time back, pottery and making faux Faberge eggs, but the arthritis in my fingers has put paid to that. The idea of book clubs or rambling clubs make me shudder! On the odd occasions I go on the bus into Chesterfield I'm always stunned by the banal conversations going on around me, especially the people who say the same thing, over and over and over again. I swear I was ready to strangle one woman if she'd told her companion about "our Nigel mending the tele for me" once more. Then you read about people who have had a friend for umpteen years who suddenly cuts off all contact for no apparent reason, leaving the dumpee bewildered and upset. Better off with our dogs, in my opinion. They only hurt us when they die, and they can't help that.

That made me laugh Suzeanna. Sums me up to a 'tee' I get that people watch soaps and want to talk about them but I have no interest in them whatsoever so couldn't join in any conversations when I was working. Luckily they all liked dogs and my boss was a football nut so I wasn't totally isolated lol

Poor Archie is having a morning of it with his acid reflux. He was crying at one point so I decided to give him an extra dose of his medicine. I could hear his tummy gurgling and I know when it gets loud like that that the acid is really giving him grief. He can't settle and is wandering in and out. The 2nd dose should help it settle if he can keep it down, he's been retching with it, and it should take effect in another 15 minutes or so. Fingers crossed.

Aw, Archie' glad the meds kicked in at last. Stanley used to get that and he used to sit and just shudder till his worked. He was on liquid Tagamet, it was the only thing that worked for him. Sounds like Ruby has a good plan Yantan. Hopefully keeps her mind occupied till she's had her operation. Wishing all good thoughts for her xx

I have had a lazy day today. Just couldn't be bothered doing anything so I didn't lol.

Eve..I didn't think you were being woe is me..I just like people I like to know I like them..I too am in the preferring animals on the whole camp

Mad busy day..rushed to town for ink cartridges... extortionate price so left it, got the memory stick though!! Walked down to the bus stop and I was on the phone unfortunately... and who do you suppose was there?? Well considering she was going to call me, didn't open her gob and scuttled off lol, she was then driving past on the bus and tried giving me filthy looks, proper cheered me up that did!

Got home, managed to do the CCTV..was very easy, then realized dad had a drs appointment so mum asked me to go with him, then after that I popped back to town to take a dress back for my mum and buy some stuff from Poundland

Very nice day today so keeping everything crossed that it stays that way all week. I am making some major changes and stepping back from a lot of things. After having decided that, my depression and panic eased up no end. I need to feel less driven.

The sheep team have already agreed that I am only going to play reserve and will not be on the regular rota, and will never be expected to get over a 5 bar gate again. I will help at general roundups and moving flocks from time to time when an extra person is handy, but otherwise I will only go out when there is only one person checking the flocks and an extra is needed for health and safety in case that person had a mishap. If that happened I could phone for help.

• Like 1

I had a little guest for B&B last night. The friends who reared the swift had an injured pigeon which needed to move to somewhere with an aviary as she needs to fly around a bit and get her strength back. They were going away first thing today so I collected her last night and she stayed in a cat carrier in the locked front porch away from Wispa. She is now in a dog rescue place but they take in injured pigeons and doves.

• Like 1