UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

Morning all. Not so nice here and I'm kind of glad Archie is being walked by the DW this morning.

Well I met up with Cara and Evie in a local hotel yesterday but Evie had totally forgotten me :( She was so shy with me, although she did come round eventually. I showed her photos of Archie and she had no memory of him - even when I showed her a photo of the two of them together. Anyway she did come wearing the tiara I bought her for her birthday. She was also wearing a pink tutu. She is such a girl. It's lovely to see especially as it's the complete opposite to her mummy who is a bit of a hippy/tomboy. We ended our meet up with me crawling on the floor looking for treasure (the tiara) which Evie had hidden with her laughing delightfully at my antics.

Suzeanna you posted whilst I was writing this. I hope the children get over their bug super quick. That's a lot for your d-in-l to cope with in addition to her mother.

What a nightmare for your DIL, Suzeanna.

Did you enjoy playing granny, Jazz?

My 4 year old grandson wanted to go trick or treating. They live in a small cul de sac so my son said he could go but explained that as he was the only child in the street people might not be expecting anybody and he didn't want him to be disappointed if they did not have anything to give him.

He replied, 'That's okay, daddy. I have an idea. I will give them some of my Smarties'

And so he did his own version of trick or treating. When the person answered the door he gave him a small box of Smarties.

My son says people felt they had to reciprocate. They only did a few houses but he came home with £3.70, an orange, an entire packed of M&S caramel shortcake squares, and rather a lot of sweeties.

It is another dull and wet day here so I am going to light the stove and have some homemade carrot and coriander soup.

• Like 1

Are you sure it's the glasses Owl, and you haven't picked the wrong sort of mushrooms out foraging? :glasses:

I've got a very sore knee today, courtesy of a certain little cocker spaniel spotting a cat in the hedge and making a fast manoeuvre to try to grab it. She didn't pull me over but I twisted my knee.

Archie's hearing isn't what it used to be so he wasn't upset at all last night. Yay! Although I have to say the fireworks were at a much reduced level and with no public display any more there was no mighty booms from industrial strength fireworks.

Hi Alex - waves

Edited by Yantan