UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

A very Happy Birthday Griff, hope you have a good evening. I think Steve is very brave, learning to write later in life can't be easy. Mind you..when I was at school, one of my teachers told me that my writing looked as if a spider had fallen in an ink well and then done a highland fling!

Happy Birthday , Griff. That was really nice of Steve.

When I worked we had a surprising amount of young men asking for help to complete the forms as they couldn't write.

It took a lot for them to admit it and they always asked for the same person so they didn't need to explain to someone else. We always accommodated them even if we were not on counter duty that day.

Most could sign their name but that was it.

A moisty autumn day here today but not cold.

Blackmagic, if Steve needs forms filling in i do it for him, i don't mind at all and i see it as no reflection on him that he has not long being able to read and write....more that he has been let down

Pleased harry is o.k

thanks all for the birthday wishes

I need something to work for her, shes so stressed shes close to a heart attack

ive made my chicken stew in the slow cooker as usual but something is off. mmm what do I do with it all?

I need something to work for her, shes so stressed shes close to a heart attack

ive made my chicken stew in the slow cooker as usual but something is off. mmm what do I do with it all?

She will still have the memory of the being frightened as ACP doesn't quieten the brain so she can still hear the noise, just can't react, so is still just a frightened.. She just can't show it. Next time she hears fireworks she remembers being frightened the last time.

Diazapan is one drug that is better as it blocks the memory so the dog doesn't retain the memory of what happened when under the influence of the drug.

A tight fitting tshirt or babygro can help and a dark , cozy den to hide in. A crate covered with blanket or under a table with a blanket over it.

Living here we don't get fireworks. However, we do get low flying jets which make Murphy duck as they pass over.

We used to give Charlie diazepam - as the others have said, ACP Is a bad idea as they are still scared but can't show it. Charlie used to be totally off his face on diazepam (it's what we give to patients to keep them calm during cataract surgery if they are anxious). I'm surprised your vet has prescribed it TBH :unsure: