UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Salutary Sayings

Yantan

Well if they do keep you in Alicia it might be for the best IF they sort you out. Good luck and feel better soon :flowers:

Sheesh it's humid out there today. I am so glad I had the aircon re-gassed in the car. Archie and I enjoyed a lovely cool down in it on the way home from our walk.

Our new family member is home! Picked Candy up from the RSPCA, they did say did we still want to take her today as she's damaged the end of her tail wagging it against hard walls, but that's no problem. She didn't make a sound in the car coming home, jumped in and out no problem, no vomiting (thank heavens!) and so far, she's been bumbling around the garden and house very happily. She did manage to find some seeds in the garden and has collected them copiously in her legs and ears, worse than Rosie! Followed me upstairs and jumped on the bed, very waggy and happy. Hope she carries on so well.

• Like 4

Well I've collected my new car, dad had a trip out in the R8 and my hair is now short and tidy again :) Good day all round. Surprisingly I didn't cry when I said goodbye to Ana. I really thought I would, but I felt surprisingly ok. She's going to make someone else very happy :)

Good news about your new addition Suzeanna :)

How is your OH's eye now?

:rolleyes: :banghead: hahaha

Great news Suzeanna. I hope it all continues going well :flowers:

I've been out in the garden doing some pruning with my neighbour as we share a fence that stuff grows over from both sides. We were both sweating cobs by the time we'd finished. We've just had a splash of rain but there is thunder forecast which Archie hates. The sky has gone very grey.

I had snogs with an almost 9 week old black lab puppy yesterday. She bit my chin and it poured with blood. She didn't mean it, she was just being a pup. She belongs to one of our builders. She's already going to work with her daddy and one of the labourers has been appointed her babysitter. And yes this does mean we are getting the builders in again. New front garden wall, new back wall, yard re-flagged and the porch floor dug up and relaid and the walls damp proofed. It's like painting the Forth Road Bridge here!

• Like 1

Suzeanna we need lots and lots of pics :wub:

And from you Yantan of your builder's pup :wub:

jazz I hope you feel much better soon :flowers:

New Wifi dongle has arrived (laptop's internal one is carp and the other dongle I had stopped working). I now have 24Mbps rather than the 1.4Mbps I was getting. Just in time for watching the champions league game on the laptop tonight :pinkie:

Can't work out how to put pics on here, but if anyone is on fb, just ask me to be a friend, Sue Hounsome...I've put a couple of photos on there. She's very bouncy, Philip was relaxing in his hammock and suddenly found he had a friend! She also does what Rosie did, on the settee, straight up onto the window ledge. He took her for a walk earlier and they met a couple of other dogs to say hello to, plus various people who knew we'd lost Rose and wanted to fuss the new girl. We're taking her to the vet in the morning though, she looked fine when we brought her home but now her eyes are very red, don't know if she stuck her head in something in the garden or if she's allergic to us!

I hope she isn't allergic to you Suzeanna! Good luck with the vet visit.

Alex the builder was just here to size up the work and do an estimate. They are very busy so it will be some time before they start and I suspect little Lela, the pup, will be big Lela by the time they get here but I will take photos then!

Orf to walk The Archibald and take the Panda in for it's annual service and MOT.