UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Salutary Sayings

Yantan

Thank you for that kind comment, griff.

Loobie, I do remember meeting you. It was when I collected my lovely old Ford Sierra estate from Glynn.

My friend came and demolished over half the leylandii, then we spent ages making separate stacks of logs for log burners and foliage to be chipped or burnt. The remaining ones have bits of wire and fencing lurking in their branches so we left them for next week. Meanwhile I can start to remove the wire.

Already there is a lot more evening sun in the garden.

• Like 2

Loobie, i just went to my usual tattooist and he sorted it all out, i was his first client to ask for it so i think he got in touch with somebody else...i think if you give your shop a call and ask them they would be able to advise, there are risks involved...i think you are slightly more likely to get an infection....i am on chemo and have no immune system but i was fine, no infection, your body can reject the ashes...again i was fine no problems at all, i just had their names done on the underside of my wrist

WP_20140403_003_zps6b9eb898.jpg

Sorry was whizzing out earlier so couldn't reply properly

Jazz, hope you get your appointment sorted

Owl...all your hard work with deffo pay off and i am sure people with log burners will want the logs and will be much appreciated

Suzeanna, has your new little one had her spay and dental yet? how did she get on?

been to asda, th vets and the Drs...dashed home super quick as it is chemo day and i didn't want to be sick on the bus Lol...they don't take kindly to that kind of thing Lol. Spoke to steve, finally got him to take an anti depressant, apparently he will listen to me then Lol

I don't know yet Griff...I made the mistake of believing the RSPCA website, which said animal viewing 11 to 4, switchboard 10 until 4.30. I thought the sensible thing would be wait until the public weren't there and phone about 4.15, which I did. Got a recorded message saying the centre is now closed and this switchboard does not take messages. Very efficient, I don't think. I'll try tomorrow and woe betide anyone who says they expected me to call today!

Rather cross, just phoned the RSPCA to see if we passed the homecheck and the woman who did it hasn't been in touch with them! Also apparently Annie had her spay and has oedema...whether post op or what I don't know. We'll have to get all the facts, not being a penny pincher (ok maybe I am) but if this is something that could be ongoing, insurance won't touch it as a pre existing condition, and if it's something that will cause her trouble and cost us money in the future, then sadly we aren't exactly rolling in it. Depending on what's going on, we may or may not get her. Drat.

Suzeanna, it will most likely be from the spay, Kota had it...you said she is a bit errrmmmm Mental? that is how Kota was and is what caused the problem...my friends dog had it after her spay too...i am sure Sam will explain it right but from what i gather it is as the dog is active the fluid get trapped between the 2 layers of skin that are sutured...or something like that Lol....i learnt with Deags and had her on sedatives. I do hope you get and answer at some point as to when you can have her

Took Steves dinners up last night....an hour and 2 buses later, knocking, no answer...knocked again no answer, me dying for a wee and no loo near...had to leave the food on the doorstep and go back into town to find a loo, left a message on his landline and no answer from him, rung him after the bake off and he was very confused as to what i was on about, he opened his door and there was the food Lol....he asked if i had been for a pint then (usually i drop stuff off as i am passing) i said no, he asked who took me up...i said no one, i got the bus....he did his nut and said i should have just opened the door...i said i am not in the habit of going round opening peoples doors....he blew his top, said he says it's o.k to just let myself in, i can knock if i want or i can just walk in, he says it is just him ad molly and i am welcome to let myself in when i go up...even though he wasn't expecting me...and where was he???? in the flippin shower Lol. i have to go back up tonight as i have just picked max's ashes up and want to get him back to his dad today...been a whole week

Thanks for the tattoo info Griff xx

I have a poorly teenager here. He has an undershot jaw which will be being operated on in the next year to bring it forward in alignment with his upper so yesterday he had the first procedure which was removing his lower wisdom teeth under GA, next stage is braces then op and more braces. He is feeling very sore and unable to eat at the mo and as he doesn't eat dairy I am struggling with what to feed him. Plus he is a fussy bugger lol, he can't afford to loose any weight as at 6ft 5 he only weighs 11 and a half stone