UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Salutary Sayings

Yantan

Morning all - sorry I've been absent for a few days. Been a bit busy :) Have bought a new car :unsure: :laugh: I hit a monster pothole in Ana last weekend, it tore the cover underneath her and also but a big dent in the sill (?). I was doing about 2mph at the time. The passenger in my car couldn't believe the crunch that happened from hitting it that slowly. Anyway, Ana has been having problems starting when she's hot and is going to need some new tyres before winter. I probably needed to spend about £1000 on her for everything. With my new job being in Wakefield as well, I needed something with 4 wheel drive to get me over the hills when the weather is a bit dodgy. So anyway, last week I went to my local Audi garage just to have a look at what they had. I got to sit in an R8 in the showroom, then the man found me a Q3 s line with Quattro. It is 3 years old and will cost me an extra £1.10 per month on my finance. After much thinking, I have decided to go for it. When I was paying my deposit, I said how much my mum liked the R8 (she was with me). He said he would take her out for a spin in it if she wanted, I said he could, but only if I got to go as well :laugh: So he took us both out (separately) for a spin in the R8 :biggrin: It was amazing :) I'll be so sad to say goodbye to Ana though, but it's time for her to give someone else some fun and I now have to be a grownup and have a sensible car :mecry: The Q3 is really nice though. Just a shame it has a fixed roof :laugh:

Starting my new job today - it's my induction in Manchester, so am on the train there now. Not starting till 10am :)

Good luck today Jayne and nice news about the new wheels! Did the damage occur on a public road as lots of people are now suing? Martin whatsisname's site has advice if you feel so inclined.

I've finally, after the 3rd reminder, booked Poppy Panda in for a recall about the lights and asked the Fiat garage to re-gas her at the same time. She's going for her service and MOT to a local independent garage around the corner next week as I've used them for years and they don't cost quite as much as the dealership. The dealership take all their cars there to get the MOT anyway so I'm only cutting out the middle man.

oooo crikey Jazz...not a clue sorry

Gooster, hope you have had a smashing first day at work and hope the new car is brilliant

Owl...i am sure you will be fine at the festival....i have never met you but i like you so people meeting you in real life are bound to feel the same

Suzeanna, have you done clicker training...that may be the way forward with your new addition

Alex.... personally if that tw*t had kicked my dog i would have found out where he lived and waited for him on a nice dark night and kicked him in the delicates as hard as i flippin well could!

Steve has been put on anti depressants and the dr has signed him off for another month....he is unsure if he will hand in the sicknote or go back to work...i have told him the dr wouldn't sign him off if she didn't think it necessary, they haven't paid him either and he asked at work why...apparently they sent him 3 letters one asking him to get in touch, one asking him to attend a meeting and the third telling him he was having disciplinary action taken against him for non attendance of the meetings, when he said i never received the letters they checked the address and lo ad behold, right close, wrong number! he is really annoyed as everyone knows what he does and it is a really small close so they all sort of know one another but whoever it was didn't bother putting the letter throught the door

Jazz, have you had an eye test recently? You might just need reading glasses.

First day went well, I was home for 4.30 :) Just all induction stuff. Tomorrow is when stuff starts to get real. Watching surgery and post op clinics tomorrow. I get a work phone too. Hope it's an iPhone, don't want to get used to a different type of phone :laugh:

Hi everyone:) sorry i haven't 'been here' for a while but I have been lurking and keeping up with you all :) :)

I have mDe a resolution to myself - to post at least once a day

So much to catch up on .. Jayne great news about your new job, hope you settle and enjoy it, and dead jealous about your new car. Griff hope things work out with Steve for you both (I think you could have somethings special there xx)and so sorry about the loss of his baby. Jazz I think of you every day and hope you are managing to cope also your new kitten sounds a ball of fun. Snow glad your eyes are better and yay for evening driving (need to visit again really soonxx). Owl, your new house sounds fab - not sure if you remember but we met many years ago at Denise and Glynns in Caerphilly? Alex to so need to clobber the roofer. Sam I am so proud to call you my friend (which I do very often) all my love to you and Mark.

• Like 1

hiya loobie, how are you doing? your middle son in that picture is my sons twin, my son is bald now

its more like white cotton wool in my eye. I had a mini stroke in 1999, it all went white and I went blind. its like that but bits of it

honey has her check up this morning, hope the lump on her leg isn't cancer, she cant cope at the vets so wouldn't cope with treatment

Hi ya Loobie, would be lovely to see more of you but i understand sometimes you don't feel like it...that was lovely of you to say about me and Steve...i think i will always be his friend and i guess i must mean something to him if he answers my calls and not his sistrs and asked me to be the last one to be with his best mate as he passed...i will admit, he doesn't always make it easy for me

Jazz, i think Jayne is right, you should go and get your eyes checked again....you have diabetes don't you? you need to be super careful. I hope Honey is o.k and the lump is just fatty and can be left alone

Jayne, pleased work was o.k for you and i am sure your first proper day will be brill

Dex cat is home £145 later and a blood test and some cream and hopefully that will fix him, just need to call later for the results. I had planned on nipping out later but Steve has text me and asked if i will take his sick note to work for him so now i have to get picked up, drove to work, drop the sick note off and back home, tomorrow is chemo day so can't go out tomorrow, thursday the girls have said Max will most likely be ready to be picked up so i will have to go and get him and then take him up to Steves so he can be back home with Steve and Molly and friday is a haircut....don't know how people cope with lives...too hectic for me Lol

very pleased the lump isn't sinister, sorry you took a bad turn

Dex cat has a raised kidney enzyme level...i have to go and fetch some special kitty litter and then when he has used the tray take the litter back to the vet and he will somehow test it Lol...if fussy dex refuses to use the tray he will have to have a sample drawn from his bladder which i would rather him not have to suffer. Been and dropped Steves sicknote off, i got him a little keyring which is a canister and inside is a little glass jar with a stopper where you can put some of your pets ashes or what i did was took some of max's fur for him and he has decided he doesn't want it on his keyring incase he loses his keys, he has decided he is going to drill a hole in the wooden photo frame that contains his fave picture of max and is going to attach it to that...he has put it next to the frame at the moment and he is really chuffed, he says the silver next to the wood is lovely...just hope he will be o.k when i take Max home to him