UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

let me get this straight

You live in Sri Lanka and you come to the UK for a holiday !!! hahahaa

Yes I know it sounds mad but yes home is Sri Lanka and my holiday is UK !

I was talking to a Sri Lankan about foreigners yesterday and included myself in that description and he was most upset and he said that no I was Sri Lankan now !

Congrats Jayne Gooster on your new job , I also have a new job and so does Mark ! from next month we are working part time for Worldwide Veterinary Service and Mission Rabies as project managers in Asia and Africa . In November/December we will be working in India for a month on mass rabies programs.

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
  • Like 2

Congrats on the job, Jayne, you must be delighted.

Hope the dogs and kitty get on ok Jazz...my next door but one neighbour has just got a black kitten. That's going to go down well with the three cats that live in the house between us!

Took Rosie back to the vet this evening as she isn't responding well to the tablets, he's added another one in...and another nice bill. Arghh...that's nearly £250 now in three visits! I'm just praying the insurance will cough up as our bank balance won't take this indefinitely.

Just read back properly..wow Sam, you'll be running the world at this rate! Hope you really enjoy the new job and that you help as many animals there as you have in Sri Lanka.

Edited by suzeanna

Forgot to say, thanks guys. I'm over the moon, but a bit scared at the same time. Because I'm going to be working in a hospital, if a patient sees me and has stuff wrong with them, it will be up to me to decide on the treatment plan for them. Usually I look and send them to the eye hospital. Now I am the eye hospital :laugh: :unsure: Thankfully they train me :)

• Like 1

I've used VetUK Suzeanna but not for a regular delivery of medicaments I'm afraid. The individual purchases I made from time to time were always delivered promptly and without problem though.

Woo woo! I am going to Copenhagen for the Christmas market in December :cheer:

i used to use vetuk, won't touch them now, had a lot of bother the last time i tried to use them and ended up getting a paypal refund...wasn't just me but lots of people too, they might have sorted themselves out again now

My order was delayed at that time as well.

They had installed new software for payments and there were problems with it. They couldn't process orders. What annoyed people was they didn't say anything until there were a lot of complaints.

I had ordered scalibor collars so no urgency but some people had orders in for prescription medicine so were desperate for it but since Vetuk had the prescription they couldn't go anywhere else. I think some did manage to get an emergency order from their vet.

Previously, I had always had prompt delivery.

Moaning :tired:

I've been immersing myself in the Olympics and now have a week off to watch it all :)

I had a letter through from the doctors asking me to make an appointment following some tests I had last week. I had a smear and some blood tests but when I spoke to them the other day they said the bloods were okay, so must be the smear. I hope it's nothing nasty cos it was the first smear I'd had for years (own fault). Wibbling a bit.

Alex it could be that the first one didn't "take". That's happened to me before. You might have thrush and not know it - that's also happened to me. I get thrush almost every time I take antibiotics and usually know about it - oh boy do I - but this one time I had no annoying symptoms. If they found anything that "might" look suspicious you would have likely been referred to a hospital for this follow up. I've had mates that that's happened to and following a couple of simple procedures they were given a clean bill of health. So try not to over think it all and worry too much :flowers:

• Like 1

Alex I've had that happen a couple of times always just turned out to be a cackhanded nurse who scraped too hard and got blood in the sample so they couldn't use it, I had mine repeated about 3 times once. I was lucky with my most recent one as they did it whilst I was in surgery for sid - that came back all clear even though it was way over due by some years.

Alex, i had abnormal cells on my Smear, i had to go back for another in 6 months and all was o.k, they kept an eye on me for 3 tests and then i am now allowed back to normal testing. I know it is easy to say but try not to worry...might be something daft ((hugs))