UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

Evening. Pretty bleugh at work at the moment. Friday is going to be particularly horrendous but at least I have a week off next week. That's if I don't get calls about a contract I'm working on :rolleyes: I just wish people would take notice of what I say sometimes. It seems to go in one ear and out the other. If they consult me as a subject matter expert and then ignore what I have to say, then they have no right to moan afterwards when I'm proved right. Happened again today. Hey ho, I reserve the right to say "I told you so".

• Like 2

Morning all :)

Had a busy few days - mum and dad are away so I'm on Guinea pig duty. Have to call in every day to feed her. There aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done and have a bit of downtime as well :rolleyes:

Had my interview yesterday - I think it went really well. The hospital is brand new (it opened in May), the company seem to be really good at investing in their staff. I know a few people who work at the Manchester one and seem happy. Hopefully I'll find out in the next couple of days :)

• Like 2

I was in a good mood...

hospitals just rung. they arnt happy with my results, blood sugar is through the roof, and something else, so have to see the anethatist in his clinic before he will clear me for my wrist op

I had it done less than a year ago and I was worse then!

<nasty words inserted>

Congratulations to Jayne.

Commiserations to Jazz.

And Alex, how very annoying. I hope the people concerned might consider listening to you next time.

I believe I mentioned Bailey, a dog we tracked who went awol on 4 July. We mapped out his routes and I said we had a cunning plan. Well, I thought it would be a doddle. He was hiding in the surrounding fields but kept coming to the village stream as there was no other water for miles. Also, he does not hunt. So I thought once we had him eating regularly near his drinking place, we could trap him. The very helpful dog warden provided a trap in which he had nabbed a long-missing GSD the previous week. Bailey is fine about the trap which is in a garden. He likes to sit by it. He will go 3/4 way in but no more. It is just part of his happy lifestyle. He is seen every day trotting round the village, often in company with his new best friend, a fox. Every night they do the chippy after closing time, hoover up all discarded chips, then off round the back of the shops. He used to keep mainly to the fields but streetwise fox has shown him where the best eateries are. He did visit another garden regularly which is very secure, only entrance via the gate. Lady left the gate open for him and some chicken as bait. Fox went straight in but Bailey suspected something was up and whizzed back out through the gate. Fox was pleased to have chicken all to himself.

Ray Dedicoat master trapper is now back from his hols and facing the challenge which has so far defeated us all. Good luck to him. I have much respect for Bailey's adopters who have worked really hard and taken all advice on board.

• Like 2

I hope Bailey is back home soon. Maybe they want to adopt his new mate as well? lol

Well done Jayne :flowers:

I am not happy with the roofer. He's been and done some work over the past couple of days. Unfortunately he's made a ruddy mess of it. Where he's re-felted the bay it looks a state - the felt is lumpy and torn in one corner. The roof tile on the side which is sticking up hasn't been touched and where he has fixed the front of the roof it looks a right state where he's mortared it and some of the ridge tiles are now out of kilter. I've sent him a text to see if he can come back on Friday when I'm here. I think there may be a bit more work than he thought there would be, but why didn't he just tell me that? I don't mind paying a bit more if he has to spend more time doing a better job - I told him that in my text. Hope he doesn't get arsy with me because I'm really not in the mood. I wouldn't mind but he came highly recommended by my next door neighbour as he re-roofed his house a few years ago and has just done some work at his son's house too. I am probably going to have the whole thing re-roofed if I get a decent bonus this year, but I guarantee I won't be getting him to do it :mad: Shot himself in the foot there.

• Like 2

Such a shame we don't live closer Alex as one of my brother's is an ex roofer and he would have done a repair for you - and a proper one.

Owl you have such a way with words. I do love your tracking tales :)

Archie has decided that since he turned 13 he can do what he likes. This week he likes to take his indoor toys outside - and leave them out in the rain! He knows the rule is no indoor toys outside and he's always abided by it. Teenagers!

• Like 2