UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

Heavens that was a bit of interesting day Suzeanna! I hope, as it's not yet over, that there are no more surprises to come!

Archie and I went out at the right time this morning as the rain was only light and it did dry up for part of our walk. About 15 minutes after we got back someone switched the tap on and forgot to turn it off. It's been really heavy and persistent rain ever since. Archie is pee'd off though because he can't sit in the garden - or even in the porch because I'm having to keep the front door shut as the rain would belt in there.

I've been amusing myself by looking at all the swish houses in the posh parts of Los Angeles via Streetmap. How the other half live! I have no idea how that came about as I only started out looking at the Solway Firth between Cumbria and northern Ireland.

Does your hubby have high blood pressure or cholesterol Suzeanna? Both of those can cause vessels to burst in the eye. The blood should reabsorb, but sometimes burst blood vessels can lead to secondary complications like glaucoma.

Had a good morning, went to insanity at the gym, then had a nice ride out on Blue. Came home and my ocado man rang to ask if he could deliver my shopping earlier. Whilst I was putting it away, the watermelon rolled out of the fridge and went splat on the floor :laugh: :rolleyes:

Moaning :tired:

I bought some glasses recently. When they arrived the right lens was slightly wrong, so had to go back to be re-tested today and they have sent my glasses away again to replace the lenses. One pair are going to be changed to single vision lenses as I really can't get on with the varifocals. One pair I've kept as varis as they are good for distance.

Next door neighbour Dave fixed the roof for me yesterday and said the tile looks like it was already broken and had been cemented in. He replaced it but said that it had new battens and covering under that section, so the roofer had actually done some work. He's texted me to say that he is definitely coming today. Next door neighbour has been onto him as well (he was the one who recommended him) so fingers crossed.

We have a new neighbour moving into the street today. She is an older lady with 2 dogs. Her son owns the house and used to live there but then moved in with his lady friend. Since then there's been a succession of short term tenants, all young folk. Nothing wrong with them but they didn't mix so we'd never got too know any. I just met the owner when I was coming back from walking Archie and told him not to worry we would look out for his mum.

Met a lovely old George look-a-like named Orwell on our walk.

• Like 1

Much the same Jazz, it'll take a while to clear the blood.

Had my MRI earlier...lord those things are noisy! They gave me foam earplugs and then headphones over them and it was still like being surrounded by pneumatic drills. Two weeks for the results, apparently. Makes you laugh, my daughter is friendly with an English couple who live permanently in Alonissos. The lady has a recurrence of her breast cancer and has to go to Athens regularly for mri and cat scans and they email her the results the next day!

My builder is working like a Trojan, I was told he doesn't half shift and boy were they right, gawd knows how much heavy clay he's dug out all on his own! Now every things up the full extent of the clay and can be seen, its the whole of the drive nothing but blue clay, and when they delivered the skip this morning its on wheels so they kinda shoved it back with the crane hoisty thing and thats dug into the slate chippings on the other side of the drive and thats exposed that theres no membrane there either and the slate was just dumped onto the same clay. No sodding wonder its weed city out there non flipping stop, I go through gallons of weedkiller every year. Rob and I were just talking and I know mum spent an absolute fortune on the front and that the slate like the bricks was ever so expensive but its such hard work with all the weeding etc. we're seriously thinking of ripping that out too putting a liner down and buying new chippings.

Snow, could you sweep the slate into a pile, lay the membrane and then relay the slate?? Save you having to re-buy the slate

Yantan, that's nice..I am sure the lady will like living in a friendly little place

Suzeanna...we don't get the foam ear plugs...just the headphones