UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

Oooo errr I am in a pickle do I tell my hubby where I have been and who I have spoken with or don't I? This is HIS fault he knows damned well I cannot be rude to people and he left me in charge of the driveway so I have been in and out and in and out making the tea and not unexpectedly I have been out there when the neighbors have been out on their drive .... so, the wife was first this morning and said hello and I said hello and that was that however her hubby came home about an hour ago and spoke about the drive and I answered and one thing led to another and he got told exactly what our problem is/was with them and their builders. He said they had no idea about any of it and he was NOT pleased they'd gone after Rob up the street anyway I got invited round for a look at their back garden ... Rob is going to see this as a real stab in the back but if I don't tell him I guarantee one of the neighbors who were all flipping pretending NOT to watch will tell him for me. Bugger bugger bugger plus he is not going to like what I found out about the rest of their plans which include a return of those effing builders! Plus the fact that the bloke is a flipping mechanic who is eventually going to start fixing peoples cars up on the drive including welding! (On the other hand might be handy having a mechanic nextdoor ... maybe .... ermmm *eep

well, does fate step in!

im annoyed etc about not going in tomorrow, but been trying to contact my friend all day to tell her. shes taken ill, so might not have turned up tomorrow. my neighbour is going to take me Saturday. phew

Snow depending on the age of your houses you may find there is a restriction in the deeds on carrying out business from home. It's something that is now pretty standard in modern houses. We had this restriction on our last property which was built in 1983. If this is not the case I would think that your neighbour could still be reined in by nuisance regulations - should it become necessary.

Re: telling Rob. I would just tell him what happened and how it came about.

I told Rob and he accused me of consorting with the enemy :( owever he did say that it does mean we do now have a way of communicating with them. TBH the more I have reflected on the whole thing yesterday the more and more I am convinced we are going to have nothing but aggro with them. For starters when I was telling them about the builders deliberately fanning smoke over into our garden (which we have on video) I caught her smiling and giggling - she immediately said "I know I shouldn't laugh but that sounds like the boys being boys they shouldn't have done it but I can see them doing it..." They said they hadn't been around for the first 4 months as "they couldn't stand all the noise and mess" to which I retorted yeah well try living next to it ...and its been 7 months not 4! Then when they said that the builders were coming back they said they are going to be knocking the conservatory down and building an orangery (ffs its a fecking ordinary little bungalow!) I asked about their plans to fence the rest of the garden alongside the "orangery" and then they tell me they are going to be cutting out all our tree roots to the boundary line and that means the trees will die - these are my 14' high leylandii planted by my father! There is absolutely nothing I can do to stop them I've been on garden law and they are legally allowed to cut back to the boundary and I now know they hate the trees as they think it will block light to their new "orangery" so I suspect they are going to deliberately kill the trees one way or another. They said they also like to entertain and will "try" not to be too noisy. I also found out they have been talking to the neighbours in the close about us though they commented that they had been told we were lovely people and good neighbours to everyone and it was strange that they were having a problem with us ...

Snow, as the hedge is over 2 metres high your neighbour may be able to complain to the council under Part 8 of the Anti Social Behaviour Act 2003 ("the Act") and the High Hedges (Appeals) (England) Regulations 2005 ("the Appeal Regulations").

You, of course, can check if they have planning permission to conduct a business from home if he starts repairing cars.

He wouldn't win that case Blackmagic - the hedge was there long before he bought the property and does not block any light to the existing structure if he decides to build a new structure which extends in front of the trees with all glass windows thats his problem not ours. I already checked that when he was building the wall to the right of the hedge - said wall btw is 7' tall and 2" across OUR boundary so if he wants to start silly bugger games then he'll reap what he sows. Moreover if he plans coming up to and onto the boundary for the "orangery" which it sounded like he does then he'll need party wall act permissions AND he'll need our permission to come into our garden to build it not sure he realises that yet. If he is going for all glass then we will most definitely want our privacy as they'll be able to look straight into the back of our garden and the house itself, the current conservatory has frosted glass on this side but I have no idea if the new one will.