UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jawing Jollily

Jazz

Thank you, Alex.

Suzeanna, I think you may well be right. Such people are very hard to argue with because they get personal and don't play nicely.

We may well get the dog but it is a case that needs patience, co-operation and a Cunning Plan. His people are very sensible and are doing all the right things.

Poor little dovey.

I hope that silly woman shuts up and leaves you alone Owl. If not your fugee mates can always pay her a visit :ph34r: Good luck with getting the dog. I am now picturing you and Wispa as Blackadder and Baldrick thanks to the Cunning Plan. Although I am sure Wispa is far more intelligent than Baldrick ever was.

• Like 1

Has anyone watched that new series The Living and The Dead? We've recorded two episodes but not watched them yet and the tv critic said it scared him so much he could hardly sleep, he was afraid to close his eyes! I have a very vivid imagination and if it is really that bad, I don't think I'd better watch it.

After getting an out of the blue phone call tea time Friday from the hospital apologising for me being on the waiting list for the eye clinic for over 6 months I was offered an appointment for 4:30 yesterday despite it being a bit of a faff (I was working most of the day and had to get mil to take me as Rob wasn't available) I was determined to go as I had no vision in my left eye at all and hadn't had any useful sight in that eye for over a year. I expected the appointment to be a quick examination, confirmation that the issue was PCO (protein build up on my lens replacement) a referral for laser treatment and some kind of idea of how long I'd be waiting for that to happen. Arrived to find the clinic empty which is unheard of - I was the last patient of the day and most staff had gone home, so in I go to have the eye test and stingy drops and then straight in to see the consultant, he confirmed PCO and says yup it needs lasering so I asked how long the waiting list was and he said 2 mins? :bigeyed: I almost fell off the chair he said there seemed little point in sending me home only to have to come back and go through all the preparation again, he had time, the laser room was available and he might as well get it done now. Soooooo tis done!!!! He was unable to give me back 100% clear vision and I now have floaters which will be there the rest of my life but omg the difference is amazing!! I can now see out of BOTH eyes! He also discharged me back to my optician for follow up so no need to have to faff about going back to the hospital. I'm delighted!! He said it will take 24 - 48 hours to fully settle but it seems pretty settled now tbh chuffed to bits!

• Like 2

Great news Snow, bet you couldn't believe it that he'd do it there and then. The floaters may well improve to some extent, when my OH had a detachment of the vitreous humour he had lots of floaters but over time he says they have become far less noticeable.

On the subject of eyes, I see in the paper an opthamologist working for Boots has been charged with not doing her job properly, and contributing to the death of a young lad. She said his eyes were fine, when it was clear from pictures she took that it showed an abnormality in the brain which killed him. If she'd reported it and sent him to hospital he would have lived. How heartbreaking for his parents, bad enough to lose a child but to lose them unnecessarily?

Owl, the woman may be intelligent and articulate but she is STUPID, i understand you don't like to fall out with people but to be honest i reckon she will fall out with an empty room given half a chance Lol

Snow....now that is awesome service!!!!

Suzeanna, that is absolutely horrific..poor poor family, as you say to lose someone is horrid but when it is avoidable...awful

Has anyone watched that new series The Living and The Dead? We've recorded two episodes but not watched them yet and the tv critic said it scared him so much he could hardly sleep, he was afraid to close his eyes! I have a very vivid imagination and if it is really that bad, I don't think I'd better watch it.

Yes I've watched it after my neighbour told me about it. She said she was scared by it and that's unusual for her as she loves ghosts and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night. Having a very vivid imagination too I decided I would be wise to watch in during daylight hours but honestly I wasn't the least bit frightened by it and watched the second episode late at night. It's a good programme, the actors are well cast and the costumes and overall feel of it is spot on so I will continue to watch but I don't understand what all the fuss has been about regarding it being scary. Now talking scary TV, the original TV production of The Woman In Black had me cowering behind a cushion!

Great news Snow :)

I have seen the news - quite scary really. Papilloedema (that the little boy had) can be subtle or really obvious. Am going to assume that since she has been found guilty, that it was an obvious case. I usually refer anything slightly dodgy as appropriate, but I do sometimes worry that I might make the wrong judgement call :unsure:

Thanks Jazz

Suzeanna, I saw both episodes and I was fine but I watch a lot of horror films

Jayne,,,I haven't seen the news but I too would guess it must have been obvious if she got found guilty...anyone can make a mistake, we are all human but if it is blatantly obvious then that is not a mistake but negligent