UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jawing Jollily

Jazz

Well, now I've seen it all! Jayne (Gooster) has put up a post on FB showing the wares of a spa she saw. It included vaginal spa...she said she had no idea what that was, but then she found out (no, she didn't try it!) It's ...um....different. Ask her to share a link, don't want to put it in here because Nigel would be shocked!

:run4hills: :run4hills: :run4hills: :run4hills:

• Like 2

I am running for the hills as well, Nigel. Feeling a bit delicate today as got attacked online by some woman I don't know. I have been so polite and she has accused me of hating everyone who does not share my views. I hadn't even expressed the views she accuses me of holding! And I certainly don't hold them. I suspect it is she who is the intolerant one. Maybe she is having a bad day and it's easier to hate and despise someone you don't know than take it out on your nearest and dearest. I shouldn't let it get to me, as I had one of the best days ever yesterday.

Going out tracking this evening so that should blow the cobwebs away.

Yes rise above it Owl.

I had a religious nut from the bible belt of the US try and engage with me over my atheism. I was wrong in my belief and destined for hell and I oughta "read the bible before you try arguing with me sweetie" I told her that firstly I hadn't started any argument with her. She chose to get offended by something I posted on an ATHEIST site and if she didn't like it stay the hell away from atheist sites. Then secondly I told her I didn't care to argue with stupid people like her as they only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience (thanks George Carlin) and then used the block facility that the site has. Some people have to feel they are so superior to you but I suspect they can only try and get away with it in the relative anonymity of the internet where no one can reach out and give them a good slapping.

I forgot to wish Rosie all the best for her forthcoming appointment earlier so I do so now :flowers:

• Like 1

Yeah Suzeanna, you are right...that would have been horrid

Jazz, let's hope you get a date you like lol

Just asked my mum if she could have the dogs either Friday or Saturday night so I can stay at Steve's...she made a comment about a work night and I said well at some point that will happen but I will get a cab back early hours of the morning in that case. For the past 15years, I have looked after all the animals, had no holiday and not left the city I live in...they book holidays without asking me and I have always just carried on...now it seems a couple of nights a week is not possible...sigh, my life was already complicated, I have found a nice guy who doesn't run a mile with me being sick and it is turning into a logistical nightmare

She possibly was taken by surprise Griff, maybe she's worried you are getting into things too fast and could get hurt? I can understand you feeling she's being unfair but try not to let it develop into a war of words, least said soonest mended as they say.

• Like 1

Oh no Suzeanna...she is fine with the Friday or Saturday, just not happy about week nights, well so long as I get back by 6.15am shouldn't be too much of a problem, the girls just go in their crates, pop the TV on and they will sleep. As for getting into things too fast, well...I have lived my life the same way and time is more important to me now than ever and she should get that...don't get me wrong, if things don't work with Steve I will be devastated but I will survive...it's what I do..I will be a mess for a bit and then I will dust myself off and get on with things...same way I always do

• Like 1

Good for you, griff. He sounds a great fella.

I am feeling better after a good evening out tracking, so will rise above the rubbish. More from her when I got back. This is a very intelligent, articulate woman who can run rings round me. I told her that I was hurt by her unjustified accusations, and she started being sorry for me as I am obviously very distressed and hysterical. No retraction of her original accusation, no attempt to find common ground or agree to differ. It's a particular game I have met before from time to time in my life. Someone is quite nasty to you and then says it is your problem. I know I can open my mouth and put my foot in it, but this time it is really not me as I have been extra polite. It is a power game being played by someone who knows nothing about me. Weird! I hate falling out with people and prefer to mend things when possible, but no chance here.

Wispa was very focused this evening and calm around livestock, even stroppy cattle shouting just over the fence. We mapped out the circuit the missing dog is running, and it took in all the points he has been glimpsed. Most of the fields had tall crops, so he is hard to spot.

Sorry to hear about little dove, Alex. The collared doves are not nearly as strong or resilient as other pigeons.