UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jawing Jollily

Jazz

Oh griff, I am so sorry. Is there no way he can see that the past is the past?

Gooster, I have met you and you are not a troll. Far from it! The only thing I can imagine is that a lot of guys are looking for someone a bit less strong and independent than you.

if you was with someone, they might not like you going away, or want to go with you, so you are better off alone. tv remote to yourself, eat what you want ......

they have changed the date of my pre op check now. at least the hospital car can take me, rather than my elderly friend again. im asking a lot of her, but I do pay her

lewis is due now, he didn't turn up yesterday, we will see..

Griff, if he really cares he'll see the real you...and the reason you "screw things up". If he can't and he doesn't he's not the right guy for you. One thing I have learned as I get older is hearts ache just as much at 25, 35, 55 etc as they do at 16. If you think it's mendable then try, if you know it isn't, then take the brisk line but whatever you do GET YOUR RINGS BACK! If he keeps them, he's stolen them, simple as that.

Jayne..you don't look like a troll to me, when we were in Norway they were everywhere and nothing like you! I saw a cartoon recently (you might even have put it on) on FB, someone musing is the reason I don't get dates because I spend too much time in the gym, or do I spend too much time in the gym because I don't get dates? If you're looking for a date, gyms aren't the place. Most blokes in them love themselves too much!

I just read an article saying that women who develop secondary (terminal) breast cancer are often brushed off by their GP's and not given much sympathy in hospitals. Backache and fatigue are two common symptoms and I'm lucky, as I've got both, that my GP is sending me for the MRI scan. Might be helped by the fact she was off work a long time herself with breast cancer.

Yesterday and this morning we noticed that Rosie is leaking urine..not a lot, just when she's been sitting down and stands up there is a little damp patch, and when she'd been asleep on the landing and got up there was a bigger one. Seeing the vet tomorrow anyway as a follow up, but I'm wondering whether to not give her the evening diuretic pill?

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Suzeanna I'd give her the pill tonight and wait and see what the vet thinks tomorrow. Could you put old towels down where ever she's likely to sit? Maybe with plastic sheeting underneath if you have any. It's what I used to do for George because of his seizures. When our old dog, Kim, became a "dribbler" my grandad got hold of old carpet pattern books and used the squares from those. Our house did look colourful with them all over the place if not to say odd!

Thanks guys :) Having done a bit of people watching whilst out here, sometimes it looks like being in a couple isn't fun. They just sit there in stony silence and don't talk to each other. Am sure they do at other times, but yesterday on the boat between Gili T and Padang Bai, there were loads of couples and most of them just ignored each other. The boat ride was 90 minutes long!

It was me that posted the meme Suzeanna - am hoping that now I'm getting into the weightlifting and going somewhere new to train, that I might get a bigger social circle. I have no friends to go out with at the moment, so my evenings are spent at the gym or at home :rolleyes:

Been told about a possible new job - it would be employed, but the person who told me about it reckons they would accept part time hours (so I can still do some of my current Locum days and drop a couple). It would be doing all pre and post op cataract appointments at a private hospital in Wakefield. I used to do pre and post op laser and loved it, but the sales pressure was too much. This would be for NHS patients, so no sales pressure at all :) Going to send my CV in when I get home and see what happens.

all the married couples I know, even ones married 50 years, arnt happy, they just cant afford to buy their own place if they sell where they are, so they live and sleep apart. id rather be single, well, mad dog (and soon to be cat) mad lady

thank you all

i have seen him on the bus briefly this morning, he has returned my rings.....he says he is going to call me later but i won't hold my breath, i have accused him of seeing someone else and it has happened twice now...obviously he is unimpressed. I have just seen my mate Tammy and she asked what was up, i told her and i said i didn't understand why he was with me, she just looked at me and told me i was beautiful inside and out and if he couldn't get over what i had said...it was his loss

to be honest, my problems are piddly little things compared to what is going on in the world and a big dose of man the eff up is being served to me!!!

Jayne, i don't have very many friends but i do class each and every one of you on here as a true friend,you lot have stuck by me better than my physical friends ever did or would! and i count myself lucky to have here where i can come and moan at you lot

• Like 2

I don't think my mum and dad sleep in the same bed any more. Although that might be because they both snore and wake each other up :laugh:

Glad you have got your rings back Griff - what made you think he was seeing someone else? Fingers crossed he calls you :flowers:

Jazz, I'm happy to tell you that my OH and I will have been married 25 years next year, together since 1984, and we do talk and laugh a lot. Helps that we both have a weird sense of humour, mind you. He still holds my hand when we're walking down the road too, and has even...shock, horror! kissed me in public and he wasn't even drunk! Maybe we're the exception, I hope not.

• Like 1

a few things really Jayne, not being able to plan in advance, not remembering going to his sisters for dinner or the fact that he didn't even mention he was going until that morning, he also received a text message off another woman, he says he didn't text her back or anything but who knows, most likely just my mind running away with me and i have mucked it up. He reckons he is going to call, i think not, i am not going to break into a million pieces over this...i will hold myself together as best as i can

Suzeanna, that is really really lovely, good for you and your OH

It's lovely Suzeanna, and you are not the only ones. I know several couples who have been together for years and are still close.

Griff, I hope the situation gets sorted out.

I have done a transport run. Very nice little staffy, gets on with everyone and everything. Transport runs out into Lincs can be expensive. Not the fuel, as my car is economical anywhere but even more so on miles of straight flat roads. It's the fact the Lincs is infested with garden centres with cafes. So I stopped for tea and snack. And came out with garden furniture :confused:

Edited by owl
  • Like 1