UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

Nope, not high dose but they interact with another couple of the drugs I am on so she needs to be incredibly careful, I have now got a lovely rash too so will deffo be staying out of the public view!!!!

Snow, was having a mooch online, saw this and thought of you to block out your neighbours as a cheap emergency fix....shame it isn't bigger

http://www.spaldingbulb.co.uk/product/garden-tarp-gate/?channel_code=735&product_code=109041850p_JM?s2m_channel=735&gclid=CLqVwqyMzswCFUgq0wodxHQDag

It would be like they aren't there...your gate could lead to anywhere!!!

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

Yes, a few are bonkers and the rest have been swept along. It's the online equivalent of witch burning. We haven't come very far in the past 5 centuries. Thank you Suzeanna, but any individual who goes on that community and says I am real just has their post removed, or is also accused of being yet another fake ID. But there is a very determined lady, mature law student, who will be tackling the police today.

Edited by owl
  • Like 2

Re snow's fence, a friend had a similar thing where the man at end of garden cut a section out of his hedge so he could stare at her. She put up a trellis with that green windproof netting over the back of it and spoiled his fun. A relatively cheap way of dealing with it.

I've met quite a lot of fugees - Alex, Owl, Sam and Mark to name but a few and they are just as lovely in real life as online. I care not what folk look like and if they'd all turned up in clown suits, goth clothing or burlesque gear I wouldn't have cared less. Mind you I am pleased Alex didn't bring her pole with her :ph34r: :ohmy: :devil:

Snow if you like you can borrow my scud missile launcher to put a hole in the side of next door's house - that'll give them a better view.

I am so tempted to spray paint a salty comment on next door's freshly painted gable end. Good job I am neither still in my twenties or like the drink!

• Like 1

There's a small article in the paper today listing the things that people may be unaware of that are actually illegal, and doing what Snow's neighbours are doing is one of them, so if it happens again, she should take photos and tell them she is going to the police. That might stop them in their tracks! I was rather gobsmacked on Friday when my neighbour (the miserable little git) came knocking at our door to ask if I planned to put out any washing, as he wanted to burn some rubbish at the end of the garden. He must have been having a rare good day.

Anyone else watch that programme last night, how to choose the right puppy for you? My husband took a keen interest when they were saying how much a particular size of dog costs in a year to feed, insure etc. and afterwards he said that sad as it makes him as we'd like another dog, he doesn't think financially it would be a good idea. :unsure: As he pointed out, he retires in 7 years (if they don't move the goalposts again), and as he only has very small work pensions accrued, we'll be mostly living on the state pension and we just wouldn't be able to afford a dog. I suppose we could foster....but I know I'd get attached and want to keep it. Why can't we win the blasted Lottery?

Lol...right, so we are heading to Snows for camping in the garden with a party, then onto Yantans where we will annoy her neighbour immensley, we will head to Owls where we will actually point out she is genuine and we will let Suzeannas neighbour of temporarily as he had a decent day and has earnt a reprieve Lol

Suzeanna, it is very sad that you can't take on another dog but you are being very sensible about it, in the past 2-3 months i have spent out about £1000 at the vets, the insurance has hardly paid anything because of the excess and percentage for Dex cat

i hope poorly people feel better soon.

I agree we can be too quick to stereotype people who don't conform to our image.

A teenage girl came to our dog training. She looked a dead ringer for coming straight out of the Addams Family- showing my age now!. Black clothing, straight black hair and piercings.

This was in the 1980's so was the sort of image that made you stop and take a second look.

But you wouldn't find a nicer person. She used to babysit for me.

Many years later my son had a girlfriend who had piercings in her nose and tongue and dressed unconventionally. She is a theatre costume designer who dresses according to her occupation. But, again, she is a super Person who will do all she can to help someone.

The cost of keeping a dog are very variable. I am just about to order a supply of food for my dogs. £130 will last 11 months for my two 27kg dogs.

Murphy is 11 and hasn't cost me £500 in vet fees. I have paid more in insurance over the year and never claimed for him.

Cleo has run up costs of £3 + over the 5 years we have had her but insurance covered most of it. We only paid two excesses of £75

Neutering and vaccs etc are extra to that.

I now also pay to send them to a groomer every three months as Murphy coat has become yucky with old age and the effect of neutering and Cleo gets the loose hair blasted out of her coat. I thought dalmatians were a nightmare for casting but Cleo's GSD double coat is worse. I get piles of hair that looks like candy floss and never stops coming.

Add on kennels when we visit family.

But having dogs is our luxury.

you know in your own garden, can you do naked gardening? is that legal? i would suddenly get the urge to be at one with nature Lol. I am very lucky that i have all my own fences...one neighbour has a wall next to my fence and the other side has a fence...on that side i actually have 3 of my own fences Lol. I really don't get why anyone would want to watch someone in their garden..i like being in my garden, all enclosed and private...mind you i did catch the little sh*t next door peering out of his bathroom window at me yesterday...good job i had left my bikini top on really Lol

Yay the scaffolders are here taking it down :cheer:

If had my way and the money to do it I could be quite happy living on an island or miles from anywhere (as long as I have internet and a generator) where you'd need binoculars to see your nearest neighbour. I hate having to live cheek by jowl as we do here.

We go on holiday on Sunday :)

• Like 1

Yes Yantan, my idea of heaven? static caravan in a field, as long as i had phone/internet, tv, gas electric water and mains toilet facilities i would be quite content

Oooooo where are you off to then??

My dad mentioned itally to me the other day...he apparently asked my mum if i would like to go, he will pay too i guess...well he better had as i have no pennies Lol. Can't go until i check with my consultants and i will need to get his mobile number in case i take bad...he can then sort out the medical side of things for me